Django model mixins and utilities
Django model mixins and utilities.
django-model-utils supports Django 2.2+.
This app is available on PyPI.
Documentation for django-model-utils is available https://django-model-utils.readthedocs.io/
- Applied isort to codebase (Refs GH-#402)
- Fix TypeError in save when model inherits from both TimeStampModel and StatusModel. (Fixes GH-465)
- Update InheritanceQuerySetMixin to avoid querying too much tables
- TimeStampedModel now automatically adds ‘modified’ field as an update_fields parameter even if it is forgotten while using save()
- FieldTracker now marks fields as not changed after refresh_from_db
- FieldTracker now respects update_fields changed in overridden save() method
- Replace ugettext_lazy with gettext_lazy to satisfy Django deprecation warning
- Add available_objects manager to SoftDeletableModel and add deprecation warning to objects manager.
- StatusModel now automatically adds ‘status_changed’ field during save as an update_fieldsparameter when ‘status’ is present in it to make sure it is not forgotten.
- Update test requirements
- Move tests to GitHub Actions: https://github.com/jazzband/django-model-utils/actions
- Drop support for Django 2.1
- Add support for Python 3.9
- Add support for Django 3.1
- Added Choices.subset.
- Remove hacks for previously supported Django versions. (Fixes GH-390)
- Dropped support for Python 2.7. (Fixes GH-393)
- Dropped usage of six
- Drop support for Django 1.11
- Add support for Python 3.8
- Add support for Django 3.0
- Catch AttributeError for deferred abstract fields, fixes GH-331.
- Update documentation to explain usage of timeframed model manager, fixes GH-118
- Honor OneToOneField.parent_link=False.
- Fix handling of deferred attributes on Django 1.10+, fixes GH-278
- Fix FieldTracker.has_changed() and FieldTracker.previous() to return correct responses for deferred fields.
- Add Simplified Chinese translations.
- Update AutoLastModifiedField so that at instance creation it will always be set equal to created to make querying easier. Fixes GH-254
- Support reversed for all kinds of Choices objects, fixes GH-309
- Fix Model instance non picklable GH-330
- Fix patched save in FieldTracker
- Upgrades test requirements (pytest, pytest-django, pytest-cov) and skips tox test with Python 3.5 and Django (trunk)
- Add UUIDModel and UUIDField support.
- Update InheritanceIterable to inherit from ModelIterable instead of BaseIterable, fixes GH-277.
- Add all_objects Manager for ‘SoftDeletableModel’ to include soft deleted objects on queries as per issue GH-255
- Update classifiers and README via GH-306, fixes GH-305
- Support for Django 2.0 via GH-298, fixes GH-297
- Remove old travis script via GH-300
- Fix codecov and switch to py.test #301
- Drop support for Python 2.6.
- Drop support for Django 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7.
- Exclude tests from the distribution, fixes GH-258.
- Add support for Django 1.11 GH-269
- Add a new model to disable pre_save/post_save signals
- Fix infinite recursion with multiple MonitorField and defer() or only() on Django 1.10+. Thanks Romain Garrigues. Merge of GH-242, fixes GH-241.
- Fix InheritanceManager and SoftDeletableManager to respect self._queryset_class instead of hardcoding the queryset class. Merge of GH-250, fixes GH-249.
- Add mixins for SoftDeletableQuerySet and SoftDeletableManager, as stated in the the documentation.
- Fix SoftDeletableModel.delete() to use the correct database connection. Merge of GH-239.
- Added boolean keyword argument soft to SoftDeletableModel.delete() that revert to default behavior when set to False. Merge of GH-240.
- Enforced default manager in StatusModel to avoid manager order issues when using abstract models that redefine objects manager. Merge of GH-253, fixes GH-251.
- Added SoftDeletableModel abstract class, its manageer SoftDeletableManager and queryset SoftDeletableQuerySet.
- Fix issue with field tracker and deferred FileField for Django 1.10.
- Include runtests.py in sdist.
- Fix InheritanceQuerySet raising an AttributeError exception under Django 1.9.
- Django 1.10 support regressed with changes between pre-alpha and final release; 1.10 currently not supported.
- Drop support for Python 3.2.
- Add support for Django 1.10 pre-alpha.
- Track foreign keys on parent models properly when a tracker is defined on a child model. Fixes GH-214.
- Remove PassThroughManager. Use Django’s built-in QuerySet.as_manager() and/or Manager.from_queryset() utilities instead.
- Add support for Django 1.9.
- Remove all translation-related automation in setup.py. Fixes GH-178 and GH-179. Thanks Joe Weiss, Matt Molyneaux, and others for the reports.
- Keep track of deferred fields on model instance instead of on FieldInstanceTracker instance. Fixes accessing deferred fields for multiple instances of a model from the same queryset. Thanks Bram Boogaard. Merge of GH-151.
- Fix Django 1.7 migrations compatibility for SplitField. Thanks ad-m. Merge of GH-157; fixes GH-156.
- Add German translations.
- Django 1.8 compatibility.
- Revert GH-130, restoring ability to access FieldTracker changes in overridden save methods or post_save handlers. This reopens GH-83 (inability to pickle models with FieldTracker) until a solution can be found that doesn’t break behavior otherwise. Thanks Brian May for the report. Fixes GH-143.
- ASCII-fold all non-ASCII characters in changelog; again. Argh. Apologies to those whose names are mangled by this change. It seems that distutils makes it impossible to handle non-ASCII content reliably under Python 3 in a setup.py long_description, when the system encoding may be ASCII. Thanks Brian May for the report. Fixes GH-141.
- Add support for Django’s built-in migrations to MonitorField and StatusField.
- PassThroughManager now has support for seeing exposed methods via dir, allowing IPython tab completion to be useful. Merge of GH-104, fixes GH-55.
- Add pickle support for models using FieldTracker. Thanks Ondrej Slintak for the report. Thanks Matthew Schinckel for the fix. Merge of GH-130, fixes GH-83.
- Fix get_query_set vs get_queryset in PassThroughManager for Django <1.6. Fixes issues with related managers not filtering by relation properly. Thanks whop, Bojan Mihelac, Daniel Shapiro, and Matthew Schinckel for the report; Matthew for the fix. Merge of GH-121.
- Fix FieldTracker with deferred model attributes. Thanks Michael van Tellingen. Merge of GH-115.
- Fix InheritanceManager with self-referential FK; avoid infinite recursion. Thanks rsenkbeil. Merge of GH-114.
- ASCII-fold all non-ASCII characters in changelog. Apologies to those whose names are mangled by this change. It seems that distutils makes it impossible to handle non-ASCII content reliably under Python 3 in a setup.py long_description, when the system encoding may be ASCII. Thanks Simone Dalla for the report. Fixes GH-113.
- Fix dependency to be on “Django” rather than “django”, which plays better with static PyPI mirrors. Thanks Travis Swicegood.
- Fix issue with attempt to access __slots__ when copying PassThroughManager. Thanks Patryk Zawadzki. Merge of GH-105.
- Improve InheritanceManager so any attributes added by using extra(select) will be propagated onto children. Thanks Curtis Maloney. Merge of GH-101, fixes GH-34.
- Added InheritanceManagerMixin, InheritanceQuerySetMixin, PassThroughManagerMixin, and QueryManagerMixin to allow composing their functionality with other custom manager/queryset subclasses (e.g. those in GeoDjango). Thanks Douglas Meehan!
- BACKWARDS-INCOMPATIBLE: Indexing into a Choices instance now translates database representations to human-readable choice names, rather than simply indexing into an array of choice tuples. (Indexing into Choices was previously not documented.) If you have code that is relying on indexing or slicing Choices, the simplest workaround is to change e.g. STATUS[1:] to list(STATUS)[1:].
- Fixed bug with checking for field name conflicts for added query managers on StatusModel.
- Can pass choices_name to StatusField to use a different name for choices class attribute. STATUS is used by default.
- Can pass model subclasses, rather than strings, into select_subclasses(). Thanks Keryn Knight. Merge of GH-79.
- Deepcopying a Choices instance no longer fails with infinite recursion in getattr. Thanks Leden. Merge of GH-75.
- get_subclass() method is now available on both managers and querysets. Thanks Travis Swicegood. Merge of GH-82.
- Fix bug in InheritanceManager with grandchild classes on Django 1.6+; select_subclasses(‘child’, ‘child__grandchild’) would only ever get to the child class. Thanks Keryn Knight for report and proposed fix.
- MonitorField now accepts a ‘when’ parameter. It will update only when the field changes to one of the values specified.
- Choices now accepts option-groupings. Fixes GH-14.
- Choices can now be added to other Choices or to any iterable, and can be compared for equality with itself. Thanks Tony Aldridge. (Merge of GH-76.)
- Choices now __contains__ its Python identifier values. Thanks Keryn Knight. (Merge of GH-69).
- Fixed a bug causing KeyError when saving with the parameter update_fields in which there are untracked fields. Thanks Mikhail Silonov. (Merge of GH-70, fixes GH-71).
- Fixed FieldTracker usage on inherited models. Fixes GH-57.
- Added mutable field support to FieldTracker (Merge of GH-73, fixes GH-74)
- Introduced FieldTracker as replacement for ModelTracker, which is now deprecated.
- PassThroughManager.for_queryset_class() no longer ignores superclass get_query_set. Thanks Andy Freeland.
- Fixed InheritanceManager bug with grandchildren in Django 1.6. Thanks CrazyCasta.
- Fixed lack of get_FOO_display method for StatusField. Fixes GH-41.
- Added explicit default to BooleanField in tests, for Django trunk compatibility.
- Fixed intermittent StatusField bug. Fixes GH-29.
- Added Python 3 support.
- Dropped support for Django 1.2 and 1.3. Django 1.4.2+ required.
- Allow specifying default value for a StatusField. Thanks Felipe Prenholato.
- Fix calling create() on a RelatedManager that subclasses a dynamic PassThroughManager. Thanks SeiryuZ for the report. Fixes GH-24.
- Add workaround for https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/16855 in InheritanceQuerySet to avoid overriding prior calls to select_related(). Thanks ivirabyan.
- Added support for arbitrary levels of model inheritance in InheritanceManager. Thanks ivirabyan. (This feature only works in Django 1.6+ due to https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/16572).
- Added ModelTracker for tracking field changes between model saves. Thanks Trey Hunner.
- Moved primary development from Bitbucket to GitHub. Bitbucket mirror will continue to receive updates; Bitbucket issue tracker will be closed once all issues tracked in it are resolved.
- Removed deprecated ChoiceEnum, InheritanceCastModel, InheritanceCastManager, and manager_from.
- Fixed pickling of PassThroughManager. Thanks Rinat Shigapov.
- Set use_for_related_fields = True on QueryManager.
- Added __len__ method to Choices. Thanks Ryan Kaskel and James Oakley.
- Fixed InheritanceQuerySet on Django 1.5. Thanks Javier Garcia Sogo.
- Updated AutoCreatedField, AutoLastModifiedField, MonitorField, and TimeFramedModel to use django.utils.timezone.now on Django 1.4. Thanks Donald Stufft.
- Fixed annotation of InheritanceQuerysets. Thanks Jeff Elmore and Facundo Gaich.
- Dropped support for Python 2.5 and Django 1.1. Both are no longer supported even for security fixes, and should not be used.
- Added PassThroughManager.for_queryset_class(), which fixes use of PassThroughManager with related fields. Thanks Ryan Kaskel for report and fix.
- Added InheritanceManager.get_subclass(). Thanks smacker.
- Fixed using SplitField on an abstract base model.
- Fixed issue #8, adding use_for_related_fields = True to InheritanceManager.
- Added PassThroughManager. Thanks Paul McLanahan.
- Added pending-deprecation warnings for InheritanceCastModel, manager_from, and Django 1.1 support. Removed documentation for the deprecated utilities. Bumped ChoiceEnum from pending-deprecation to deprecation.
- Fixed issue #6, bug with InheritanceManager and descriptor fields (e.g. FileField). Thanks zyegfryed for the fix and sayane for tests.
- updated SplitField to define get_prep_value rather than get_db_prep_value. This avoids deprecation warnings on Django trunk/1.3, but makes SplitField incompatible with Django versions prior to 1.2.
- added InheritanceManager, a better approach to selecting subclass instances for Django 1.2+. Thanks Jeff Elmore.
- added InheritanceCastManager and InheritanceCastQuerySet, to allow bulk casting of a queryset to child types. Thanks Gregor Muellegger.
- added manager_from (thanks George Sakkis)
- added StatusField, MonitorField, TimeFramedModel, and StatusModel (thanks Jannis Leidel)
- deprecated ChoiceEnum and replaced with Choices
- added SplitField
- added ChoiceEnum
- added South support for custom model fields
- Added QueryManager
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size django_model_utils-4.1.1-py3-none-any.whl (32.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size django-model-utils-4.1.1.tar.gz (67.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for django_model_utils-4.1.1-py3-none-any.whl