Logging as Storytelling
Eliot provides a structured logging and tracing system for Python that generates log messages describing a forest of nested actions. Actions start and eventually finish, successfully or not. Log messages thus tell a story: what happened and what caused it.
- Structured, typed log messages.
- Ability to log actions, not just point-in-time information: log messages become a trace of program execution.
- Excellent support for unit testing your logging code.
- Emphasis on performance, including no blocking I/O in logging code path.
- Optional Twisted support.
- Designed for JSON output, usable by Logstash/Elasticsearch.
- Supports CPython 2.7, 3.3 and PyPy.
Eliot is released by HybridCluster under the Apache 2.0 License.
$ pip install eliot
Downloads are available on PyPI.
Documentation can be found on Read The Docs.
Bugs and feature requests should be filed at the project Github page.