execnet: rapid multi-Python deployment
execnet currently is in maintenance-only mode, mostly because it is still the backend of the pytest-xdist plugin. Do not use in new projects.
execnet provides carefully tested means to ad-hoc interact with Python interpreters across version, platform and network barriers. It provides a minimal and fast API targetting the following uses:
- distribute tasks to local or remote processes
- write and deploy hybrid multi-process applications
- write scripts to administer multiple hosts
- zero-install bootstrapping: no remote installation required!
- flexible communication: send/receive as well as callback/queue mechanisms supported
- simple serialization of python builtin types (no pickling)
- grouped creation and robust termination of processes
- well tested between CPython 2.7, 3.4+, Jython 2.5.1 and PyPy 2.2 interpreters.
- interoperable between Windows and Unix-ish systems.
- integrates with different threading models, including standard os threads, eventlet and gevent based systems.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size execnet-1.7.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (39.1 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size execnet-1.7.1.tar.gz (174.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for execnet-1.7.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl