execnet: rapid multi-Python deployment
execnet currently is in maintenance-only mode, mostly because it is still the backend of the pytest-xdist plugin. Do not use in new projects.
execnet provides carefully tested means to ad-hoc interact with Python interpreters across version, platform and network barriers. It provides a minimal and fast API targetting the following uses:
- distribute tasks to local or remote processes
- write and deploy hybrid multi-process applications
- write scripts to administer multiple hosts
- zero-install bootstrapping: no remote installation required!
- flexible communication: send/receive as well as callback/queue mechanisms supported
- simple serialization of python builtin types (no pickling)
- grouped creation and robust termination of processes
- well tested between CPython 2.7, 3.4+, Jython 2.5.1 and PyPy 2.2 interpreters.
- interoperable between Windows and Unix-ish systems.
- integrates with different threading models, including standard os threads, eventlet and gevent based systems.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size execnet-1.7.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (39.1 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size execnet-1.7.1.tar.gz (174.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for execnet-1.7.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl