Automation of debris disk detection
Generates .csv files including data on the existence of various features of interest from the Digitized Sky Survey (DSS), 2-micron All Sky Survey (2MASS), and Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) image catalogs. The goal is to use the data to identify candidates that might have circumstellar debris disks.
This release (1.2.0) includes catalogs tycho_2mass_wise-XMATCH-POS.csv (full catalog), RandSample+1000.csv, RandSample+2000.csv, and tam_cat_sample.csv. Pre-downloaded images from tam_cat_sample.csv are available for your convenience in FITS/Tam/. All other catalogs must first have images downloaded to be useful.
See CHANGES.txt for more detailed updates with this release, or the documentation (included in package, plus link at bottom).
Dependent on scikit-image (skimage), matplotlib, numpy, and astropy.
- Use dataAcq.py to retrieve the images for one of the provided catalogs in Catalogs/
- You can also use one of your own, provided the format remains the same: ra,dec (degrees)
- Data included for tam_cat_sample.csv catalog under FITS/TAM/
- Use dataGen.py to run analysis on the downloaded images and output the results to a new .csv
Command line: (in containing directory)
New Graphical Interface
- run application
- select desired catalog
- follow prompts to gather data, flip through indices, display images
- can be run using $ ./GUI.sh in src directory
- alternatively, use $ python GUI.py
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.