Feeding fastscape with a 3D bloc of differential lithology
Feeding fastscape with a 3D bloc of lithology with differential erodibility, diffusion and other. The input requires one 3D matrix of integer labels (0,1,2,3,4,...) and a list of label correspondence for each rock type specific parameters. The current version of the package includes basic functions to run erosion through a 3D bloc from a flat surface (see features). Future versions will include more feature, it highly depends how fast projects related to this components arises. Feel free to contact me if you are interested to see a specific feature getting developed!
- Free software: BSD license
You need to install fastscape, with all dependencies and all. Then, you can simply:
pip install fastscape-litho
Note that you need to be in the fastscape environment.
conda-forge package to come!
- 3D input of parameters
- 3D K with the basic stream power law (implementation from Braun and Willett, 2013)
- 3D Kd for rocks and soil for hillslope linear diffusion
Features to come:
- Initialization with existing topography -> soon
- Allow different geometry for the 3D bloc (e.g. different dx and dy) -> soon
- 3D rock density for flexure and isostasy -> Kind Of Here But Deserves More Thoughts
- 3D infiltration compatible with 2D precipitation -> WIP
- landscape parametrization (template of geological 3D blocs) -> future
- Bridge between
Boris Gailleton - firstname.lastname@example.org
This package was created with Cookiecutter_ and the
audreyr/cookiecutter-pypackage_ project template.
- First release on PyPI.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.