Simple PDF generation for Python
PyFPDF is a library for PDF document generation under Python, ported from PHP (see FPDF “Free”-PDF, a well-known PDFlib-extension replacement with many examples, scripts and derivatives).
Compared with other PDF libraries, PyFPDF is simple, small and versatile, with advanced capabilities and easy to learn, extend and maintain.
- Python 2.5 to 2.7 support (with experimental Python3 support)
- Unicode (UTF-8) TrueType font subset embedding
- Barcode I2of5 and code39, QR code coming soon …
- PNG, GIF and JPG support (including transparency and alpha channel)
- Templates with a visual designer & basic html2pdf
- Exceptions support, other minor fixes, improvements and PEP8 code cleanups
To get the latest development version you can download the source code running:
hg clone https://code.google.com/p/pyfpdf/ cd pyfpdf python setup.py install
You can also install PyFPDF from PyPI, with easyinstall or from Windows installers. For example, using pip:
pip install fpdf
Note: Python Imaging Library (PIL) is needed for GIF support. PNG and JPG support is built-in and don’t require any external dependency.
- Tutorial: https://code.google.com/p/pyfpdf/wiki/Tutorial
- Reference Manual: https://code.google.com/p/pyfpdf/wiki/ReferenceManual (spanish translation available)
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size fpdf-1.7.2.tar.gz (39.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size fpdf-1.7.2.win32.exe (236.5 kB)||File type Windows Installer||Python version any||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size fpdf-1.7.2.win-amd64.exe (264.2 kB)||File type Windows Installer||Python version any||Upload date||Hashes View|