Slider content type for Plone.
This product let you create a simple slideshow, using slick.
In each slider-pane you can define:
- An image
- HTML text
- A link
- Add ftw.slider to your buildout configuration:
[instance] eggs += ftw.slider
- Run bin/buildout
- Install the generic import profile.
Upgrade from 2.4.x to 3.0.x
The ftw.contentpage ListingBlock integration has been removed with the 3.0.0 release. If you are at this point, please consider upgrading your ftw.contentpage installation to ftw.simplelaoyut. With ftw.simpelayout you can install ftw.sliderblock to get the same feature set.
Runs with Plone 4.3.
How to use ftw.slider
If you want to display a slideshow on your content, just create a ftw.slider.Container and add some ftw.slider.Pane.
There is a viewlet which checks your content for a slider-container and displays its containing panes.
Using ftw.slider with default plone:
The slideshow is responsive (here OneGovBox as example):
This package is copyright by 4teamwork.
ftw.slider is licensed under GNU General Public License, version 2.
Fix faulty upgrade step introduced in 2.3.1.
Warning: If you upgrade to this version, the behavior plone.app.content.interfaces.INameFromTitle will be added to the content type. Remove it if you don’t need it. You may also check if you need to add the plone.app.referenceablebehavior.referenceable.IReferenceable behavior in your Plone project.
Improve internal link of panes in the slider view. [mbaechtold]
Remove dependency on ftw.testing[splinter] (has been dropped in ftw.testing). [lgraf]
- Fix rendering of external link. [Kevin Bieri]
- Remove plone-site selector !These changes are backwards incompatible!. [Kevin Bieri]
- Fix field label translation. [mbaechtold]
- New option on the slider planes allows to render the title of the pane without the need of adding a slider pane text. Until now the title was only rendered when the pane had some text. [mbaechtold]
- Fix internal url concatenation: support path with or without leading slash. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Fix borderradius of slider button. [Kevin Bieri]
- Replace plone.formwidget.contenttree with ftw.referencewidget. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Remove ftw.contentpage test dependency and everything related to ftw.contentpage. ftw.contentpage is deprecated and is replaced by ftw.simplelaylout. This functionality is now implemented in ftw.sliderblock. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Add browser pane redirect view, which behaves like the one from links. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Update onegovtheme syling since slider update. [Kevin Bieri]
- Let Site Administrator add panes on site root. [jone]
- Use image cropping for sliderblock images to keep the ratio for different images. [Kevin Bieri]
- Add compatibility for ftw.slider using new initialisation syntax. [Kevin Bieri]
- Add compatibility for Plone sites not using ftw.theming. Attention: These styling changes are not backwards compatible with exising Plone sites using ftw.theming. [Kevin Bieri]
- Update slick to 1.5.9. [Kevin Bieri]
Register ftw.slider.slider viewlet on IViewView to prevent rendering the viewlet on non-canonical views. [elioschmutz]
Update sliderpane for accessiblity
- Show always empty image alt and title attributes on a pane
- Remove unused descriptionfield on a pane
- Add translations for play, pause, next and previous buttons. [Kevin Bieri, jone]
- Add slick_config field to container schema [elioschmutz]
- Add css class if pane has text [elioschmutz]
- Initialize sliderpanes on pageload [elioschmutz]
- Use UID-based scaling urls in order to have caching. [jone]
- Mark image field as primary field. [jone]
- Fix plonetheme.onegov integration. [mbaechtold]
- Refactor SCSS registration. [Kevin Bieri]
- Fix initialisation error for slider in IE10 [Kevin Bieri]
- Link the slider pane to an external url. [mbaechtold]
- Implement play and pause button. [Kevin Bieri]
- Use DOM exposed configuration for slider initialisation. [Kevin Bieri]
- Extend configuration for play and pause functionality. [Kevin Bieri]
- Don’t hide the slick arrows. [mbaechtold]
- Add Plone 4.3.5 support. [jone]
- Disable slider dots. [Kevin Bieri]
- Update slick.js to 1.5.5 [Kevin Bieri]
- Fix invalid html structure (replace h2 with p tag). [kevin.bieri]
- Fix loading ajax-loader.gif in production mode. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Fixed ie9 slider buttons (appended z-index to bring the button to the foreground)
- Install plone.formwidget.contenttree - if not yet installed. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Added sass styles for plonetheme.onegov. [Julian Infanger]
- Added slider block view for listingblock. Only is registered if ftw.contentpage is installed. [Julian Infanger]
- Added missing upgradestep to use slick resources. [Julian Infanger]
- Use slick for slider. This requires Plone 4.3! https://github.com/kenwheeler/slick This supports swipe on iphone, fade effect, … [Julian Infanger]
- Cleaned up pep8 violations. [Julian Infanger]
Get the parents slider if you are on a default page. If the context is a page which is set as default layout page, try to get the parents slider container to display. [Julian Infanger]
- Remove ftw.slider.Container from navigation
- Remove ftw.slider.Container and ftw.slider.Pane from searchable types
Added support for plone.app.multilingual. [Julian Infanger]
Only enable slider behaviour if there are at least two panes. Otherwise display the single slider pane without the slider controls. [Julian Infanger]
Do no use RelationChoice (z3c.relationfield) if you don’t use Relations. I guess we should use plone.app.relationfield. The old implementation did not make any sense. Storing string value in a RelationField. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Add a simple description how to use ftw.slider into README. [Julian Infanger]
- Added a link field to link the whole pane. [Julian Infanger]
- Show title in slider pane if there is text to display. [Julian Infanger]
- Initial version.