FunkLoad is a functional and load web tester, written in Python, whose
main use cases are:
- Functional testing of web projects, and thus regression testing as well.
- Performance testing: by loading the web application and monitoring
your servers it helps you to pinpoint bottlenecks, giving a detailed
report of performance measurement.
- Load testing tool to expose bugs that do not surface in cursory testing,
like volume testing or longevity testing.
- Stress testing tool to overwhelm the web application resources and test
the application recoverability.
- Writing web agents by scripting any web repetitive task.
Main FunkLoad features are:
- Functional test are pure Python scripts using the pyUnit framework
like normal unit test. Python enable complex scenarios to handle
real world applications.
- Truly emulates a web browser (single-threaded) using an enhanced
Richard Jones’ webunit:
- get/post/put/delete support
- post any kind of content type like application/xml
- DAV support
- basic authentication support
- file upload and multipart/form-data submission
- cookies support
- referrer support
- accept gzip content encoding
- https support
- https with ssl/tls by providing a private key and certificate (PEM
- http_proxy support
- emulating a browser cache
- Advanced test runner with many command-line options:
- set the target server url
- display the fetched page in real time in your browser
- debug mode to display http headers
- check performance of a single page (or set of pages) inside a test
- green/red color mode
- select or exclude tests cases using a regex
- support normal pyUnit test
- support doctest from a plain text file or embedded in python
- Turn a functional test into a load test: just by invoking the bench
runner you can identify scalability and performance problems. If
needed the bench can distributed over a group of worker machines.
- Detailed bench reports in ReST, HTML, Org-mode, PDF (using
LaTeX/PDF Org-mode export) containing:
- the bench configuration
- tests, pages, requests stats and charts
- the requets that took the most time
- monitoring one or many servers cpu usage, load average,
memory/swap usage and network traffic charts
- an http error summary list
- Differential reports to compare 2 bench reports giving a quick
overview of scalability and velocity changes.
- Trend reports to view the performance evolution with multiple
- Easy test customization using a configuration file or command line
- Easy test creation using embeded TCPWatch as proxy recorder, so you
can use your web browser and produce a FunkLoad test automatically,
including file upload or any ajax call.
- Provides web assertion helpers to check expected results in responses.
- Provides helpers to retrieve contents in responses page using DOM.
- Easy to install (EasyInstall).
- Comes with examples look at the demo folder.
- Successfully tested with dozen of differents web servers: PHP,
FunkLoad is free software distributed under the GNU GPL license.
(C) Copyright 2005-2011 Nuxeo SAS (http://nuxeo.com).
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at
your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.