Tool set for software development analytics
GrimoireLab is a CHAOSS toolset for software development analytics. It includes a coordinated set of tools to retrieve data from systems used to support software development (repositories), store it in databases, enrich it by computing relevant metrics, and making it easy to run analytics and visualizations on it.
GrimoireLab is a set of tools, and to ease starting playing we are providing a default setup to analyze git activity for this repository. Given such set up, there are several options to run GrimoireLab:
root@test-68b8628f:~# git --version git version 2.17.1 root@test-68b8628f:~# docker --version Docker version 19.03.1, build 74b1e89 root@test-68b8628f:~# docker-compose --version docker-compose version 1.22.0, build f46880fe
- Hardware: 2 CPUs, 8GB memory RAM and enough virtual memory for Elasticsearch
Steps: 1. Clone this project
foo@bar:~$ git clone https://github.com/chaoss/grimoirelab
Go to docker-compose folder and run the following command:
foo@bar:~$ cd grimoirelab/docker-compose foo@bar:~/grimoirelab/docker-compose$ docker-compose up -d
Your dashboard will be ready after a while in https://localhost:5601
More details in the docker-compose folder.
Using docker run
root@test-68b8628f:~# git --version git version 2.17.1 root@test-68b8628f:~# docker --version Docker version 19.03.1, build 74b1e89
- Hardware: 2 CPUs, 8GB memory RAM and set
Steps: 1. Clone this project
$ git clone https://github.com/chaoss/grimoirelab
Go to the project folder and run the following command:
foo@bar:~$ cd grimoirelab foo@bar:~/grimoirelab $ docker run -p 127.0.0.1:5601:5601 \ -v $(pwd)/default-grimoirelab-settings/projects.json:/projects.json \ -v $(pwd)/default-grimoirelab-settings/setup.cfg:/setup.cfg \ -t grimoirelab/full
More details in the docker folder.
Your dashboard will be ready after a while in http://localhost:5601
Currently, GrimoireLab toolkit is organized in the following repositories:
- Data retrieval related components:
- Perceval: retrieval of data from data sources
- Graal: source data analysis with external tools
- KingArthur: batch processing for massive retrieval
- Data enrichment related components:
- GrimoireElk: storage and enrichment of data
- SortingHat: identity management
- Data consumption related components:
- Kibiter: dashboard, downstream version of Kibana
- Sigils: visualizations and dashboards
- Manuscripts: reporting
- Platform management, orchestration, and common utils:
- Mordred: orchestration
- GrimoireLab Toolkit: common utilities
- Bestiary: web-based user interface to manage repositories and projects for Mordred
- Hatstall: web-based user interface to manage SortingHat identities
Contents of this repository
This repository is for stuff relevant to GrimoireLab as a whole. For example:
- Issues for new features or bug reports that affect more than one GrimoireLab module. In this case, let’s open an issue here, and when implementing the fix or the feature, let´s comment about the specific tickets in the specific modules that are used. For example, when supporting a new datasource, we will need patches (at least) in Perceval, GrimoireELK and panels. We would open here the feature request (or the user story) for the whole case, an issue (and later a pull request) in Perceval for the data retriever, same for GrimoireELK for the enriching code, and same for panels for the Kibiter panels.
- Information about “coordinated releases” for most of GrimoireLab components (directory releases). Coordinated releases are snapshots (specific commits) of most of the GrimoireLab components that are expected to work together. See more information in the releases README.md file.
- Utils (directory utils) for doing stuff relevant to GrimoireLab as a whole. Includes a script to produce Python packages for a coordinated release, etc.
- Docker containers for showcasing GrimoireLab (directory docker). Includes dockerfiles and configuration files for the GrimoireLab containers that can be used to demo the technology, and can be the basis for real deployments. See more information in the docker README.md file.
- If you feel more comfortable with docker-compose, the docker-compose folder includes instrucctions and configuration files to deploy GrimoireLab using docker-compose command.
- How releases of GrimoireLab are built and tested: Building
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size grimoirelab-0.2.32-py3-none-any.whl (26.7 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size grimoirelab-0.2.32.tar.gz (16.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for grimoirelab-0.2.32-py3-none-any.whl