A hierarchical clustering package for Scipy.
This library provides Python functions for hierarchical clustering. Its features include
- generating hierarchical clusters from distance matrices
- computing distance matrices from observation vectors
- computing statistics on clusters
- cutting linkages to generate flat clusters
- and visualizing clusters with dendrograms.
The interface is very similar to MATLAB’s Statistics Toolbox API to make code easier to port from MATLAB to Python/Numpy. The core implementation of this library is in C for efficiency.