Development library for quickly writing configurable applications and daemons
Helper is a development library for quickly writing configurable applications and daemons.
Python 2.6+, 3.2+ on Unix (POSIX) and Windows (in process) platforms.
- argparse (Python 2.6 only)
- logutils (Python 2.6 only)
- unittest2 (Python 2.6 only)
Documentation is available at https://helper.readthedocs.io
helper is available as a package from pypi.python.org for development purposes. Normally, helper would be installed as a dependency from another application or package.
- 2.4.2 - 2016-11-07
- Allow for ‘root’ section in logging config
- Import reduce from functools to suport Python 3
- 2.4.1 - 2013-03-14
- Fix fchmod literal call in Python 3
- Better startup exception reporting, improved pidfile ownership handling, new run_helper command
- umask fix
- Minor setup.py fix for README.rst
- Minor MANIFEST.in fix for README.rst
- Minor setup.py fix for version number.
- Add new attribute to describe operating system and environment to Controller and helper.unix, helper.windows.
- Bugfix for dealing with stale pids
- Bugfixes: Use pidfile from configuration if specified, don’t show warning about not having a logger in helper.unix if no logger is defined, config obj default/value assignment methodology
- Fix a bug where wake_interval default was not used if wake_interval was not provided in the config. Make logging config an overlay of the default logging config.
- setup.py bugfix
- clihelper renamed to helper with major refactoring, Windows support still a work in progress.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|helper-2.4.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (21.4 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3||Nov 7, 2016|
|helper-2.4.2.tar.gz (18.1 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Nov 7, 2016|