Development library for quickly writing configurable applications and daemons
Helper is a development library for quickly writing configurable applications and daemons.
Python 2.6, 2.7, 3.2 and 3.3 on Unix (POSIX) and Windows (in process) platforms.
- argparse (Python 2.6 only)
- logutils (Python 2.6 only)
- unittest2 (Python 2.6 only)
Documentation is available at http://helper.readthedocs.org
helper is available as a package from pypi.python.org for development purposes. Normally, helper would be installed as a dependency from another application or package.
- 2.4.0 - Better startup exception reporting, improved pidfile ownership
- handling, new run_helper command
- 2.3.0 - umask fix
- 2.2.2 - Minor setup.py fix for README.rst
- 2.2.2 - Minor MANIFEST.in fix for README.rst
- 2.2.1 - Minor setup.py fix for version number.
- 2.2.0 - Add new attribute to describe operating system and environment to
- Controller and helper.unix, helper.windows.
- 2.1.1 - Bugfix for dealing with stale pids
- 2.1.0 - Bugfixes: Use pidfile from configuration if specified, don’t show
- warning about not having a logger in helper.unix if no logger is defined, config obj default/value assignment methodology
- 2.0.2 - Fix a bug where wake_interval default was not used if wake_interval
- was not provided in the config. Make logging config an overlay of the default logging config.
- 2.0.1 - setup.py bugfix
- 2.0.0 - clihelper renamed to helper with major refactoring, Windows support
- still a work in progress.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size helper-2.4.0.tar.gz (17.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|