Jupyter Book: Create an online book with Jupyter Notebooks and Jekyll
This is a guide and template for hosting your own book using Jupyter Notebooks and Jekyll.
Here are some highlights:
- All course content is written in markdown and Jupyter Notebooks, stored in
- This site comes packaged with helper scripts to convert these into Jekyll pages (in
- Pages can have Binder or JupyterHub links automatically added for interactivity.
- The website itself is based on Jekyll, and is highly extensible and can be freely-hosted on GitHub.
This repository comes with some sample textbook files from the Data 8 course for Data Science at UC Berkeley. You can update these materials and all site content with your own, and have a Jupyter-based textbook ready to go shortly!
Here are a few links of interest:
- A demo of the hosted textbook
- A short guide to deploying your own textbook
- The markdown version of the guide in this repo
Explore this book
This website is an example of a Jupyter Book. You can explore the chapters of the book by clicking on links in the sidebar to the left. Or, you can move linearly forward and backwards by clicking the left/right arrow on your computer.
Governance of this project
Jupyter Book is still developing relatively rapidly, so please be patient if things change or features iterate and change quickly. Once Jupyter Book hits 1.0, it will slow down considerably!
Contribute or improve the book
Notice some inefficient CSS? A typo in the text? Want to add a cool feature so that others can enjoy the improvements to Jupyter Books? Check out the Jupyter Book Contributor's Guide. We'd love your help!
We ask that all contributions to Jupyter Book respect the Jupyter code of conduct.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size jupyter_book-0.6.5-py3-none-any.whl (3.0 MB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size jupyter-book-0.6.5.tar.gz (26.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for jupyter_book-0.6.5-py3-none-any.whl