Higher Level Zookeeper Client
kazoo implements a higher level API to Apache Zookeeper for Python clients.
See the full docs for more information.
kazoo is offered under the Apache License 2.0.
- Fixed doc references to start_async using an AsyncResult object, it uses an Event object.
- Issue #16 fixed: gevent zookeeper logging failed to handle a monkey patched logging setup. Logging is now setup such that a greenlet is used for logging messages under gevent, and the thread one is used otherwise.
- Fixed bug similar to #14 for ChildrenWatch on the session listener.
- Issue #14 fixed: DataWatch had inconsistent handling of the node it was watching not existing. DataWatch also properly spawns its _get_data function to avoid blocking session events.
- Issue #15 fixed: sleep_func for SequentialGeventHandler was not set on the class appropriately leading to additional arguments being passed to gevent.sleep.
- Issue #9 fixed: Threads/greenlets didn’t gracefully shut down. Handler now has a start/stop that is used by the client when calling start and stop that shuts down the handler workers. This addresses errors and warnings that could be emitted upon process shutdown regarding a clean exit of the workers.
- Issue #12 fixed: gevent 0.13 doesn’t use the same start_new_thread as gevent 1.0 which resulted in a fully monkey-patched environment halting due to the wrong thread. Updated to use the older kazoo method of getting the real thread module object.
- The KazooClient handler is now officially exposed as KazooClient.handler so that the appropriate sync objects can be used by end-users.
- Refactored ChildrenWatcher used by SetPartitioner into a publicly exposed PatientChildrenWatch under recipe.watchers.
- connect/connect_async has been renamed to start/start_async to better match the stop to indicate connection handling. The prior names are aliased for the time being.
- Added Barrier and DoubleBarrier implementation.
- ZOOKEEPER-1318: SystemError is caught and rethrown as the proper invalid state exception in older zookeeper python bindings where this issue is still valid.
- ZOOKEEPER-1431: Install the latest zc-zookeeper-static library or use the packaged ubuntu one for ubuntu 12.04 or later.
- ZOOKEEPER-553: State handling isn’t checked via this method, we track it in a simpler manner with the watcher to ensure we know the right state.
- Exponential backoff with jitter for retrying commands.
- Gevent 0.13 and 1.0b support.
- Lock, Party, SetPartitioner, and Election recipe implementations.
- Data and Children watching API’s.
- State transition handling with listener registering to handle session state changes (choose to fatal the app on session expiration, etc.)
- Zookeeper logging stream redirected into Python logging channel under the name ‘Zookeeper’.
- Base client library with handler support for threading and gevent async environments.