Higher Level Zookeeper Client
kazoo implements a higher level API to Apache Zookeeper for Python clients.
See the full docs for more information.
kazoo is offered under the Apache License 2.0.
- ZOOKEEPER-1318: SystemError is caught and rethrown as the proper invalid state exception in older zookeeper python bindings where this issue is still valid.
- ZOOKEEPER-1431: Install the latest zc-zookeeper-static library or use the packaged ubuntu one for ubuntu 12.04 or later.
- ZOOKEEPER-553: State handling isn’t checked via this method, we track it in a simpler manner with the watcher to ensure we know the right state.
- Exponential backoff with jitter for retrying commands.
- Gevent 0.13 and 1.0b support.
- Lock, Party, SetPartitioner, and Election recipe implementations.
- Data and Children watching API’s.
- State transition handling with listener registering to handle session state changes (choose to fatal the app on session expiration, etc.)
- Zookeeper logging stream redirected into Python logging channel under the name ‘Zookeeper’.
- Base client library with handler support for threading and gevent async environments.