Closed caption converter
PLEASE SEE pbs/pycaption FOR OFFICIAL RELEASES.
pycaption is a caption reading/writing module. Use one of the given Readers to read content into a CaptionSet object, and then use one of the Writers to output the CaptionSet into captions of your desired format.
Version 2.0.0@learningequality passes all tests with Python 2.7, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, and 3.7. Version 2.1.0@learningequality passes all tests with Python 3.5+, 3.6, and 3.7.
For details, see the documentation.
- Alpha 1: Python 2.7 and 3.4 support removed
- Alpha 2: future package re-added
- Python 2 and 3 support (see branch py27@pbs)
- Upgraded beautifulsoup4 package to a more current version, and resolved issues with tests due to upgrade. See full detailed changes here.
- Removed from future import standard_library as it can cause issues with other packages and its removal causes no test failures.
- Fixed DFXPReader issue with default language (see this PR)
- Changed global default language to ISO-639-2 undetermined language code und (see this PR)
- Pinned lxml<4.4.0 to maintain Python 3.4 compatibility for now
- Added Python 3 support (see pbs/pycaption).
- Added positioning support
- Created documentation
This module is Copyright 2012 PBS.org and is available under the Apache License, Version 2.0.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size le_pycaption-2.1.0a2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (261.5 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size le-pycaption-2.1.0a2.tar.gz (219.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for le_pycaption-2.1.0a2-py2.py3-none-any.whl