A tool to obtain the lyrics to your favorite songs
- Enter any artist and song name when prompted and lyrics will be printed to standard output
- Give an mp3 file as an attribute, and find lyrics using the mp3’s metadata
- Save the obtained lyrics into the mp3’s metadata
Support for other formats coming soon!
- Via pip : pip install lyrics-dl
- Clone the repo
- Enter the downloaded repo’s root directory : cd lyrics-dl
- Install the required modules and its dependencies by running pip install -r requirements.txt (You may want to consider using a virtual environment)
- Install lyrics-dl by running pip install . or python setup.py install
- Type lyrics-dl to receive prompt for artist and song name
- Type lyrics-dl <filenames> to obtain lyrics for mp3 files
Note : Check lyrics-dl –help for in-depth instructions
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.