📧 CLI to deduplicate mails from mail boxes.
What is Mail Deduplicate?
mdedup CLI, an utility to deduplicate mails from a set of boxes.
- Duplicate detection based on cherry-picked and normalized mail headers.
- Fetch mails from multiple sources.
- Reads and writes to
- Deduplication strategies based on size, content, timestamp, file path or random choice.
- Copy, move or delete the resulting set of duplicates.
- Dry-run mode.
- Protection against false-positives with safety checks on size and content differences.
- Supports macOS, Linux and Windows.
- Standalone executables for Linux, macOS and Windows.
- Shell auto-completion for Bash, Zsh and Fish.
⚠️ Warning: Performances
mdedupimplementation is quite naive at the moment and everything resides in memory.
If this is good enough for a volume of a couple of gigabytes, the more emails
mdeduptry to parse, the closer you'll reach the memory limits of your machine. In which case
mdedupwill exit abrubtly, zapped by the OOM killer of your OS. Of course your mileage may vary depending on your hardware.
You can influence implementation of this feature with pull requests, or purchase of business support 🤝 and sponsorship .
Easiest way is to install
mdedup from sources with
$ pipx install mail-deduplicate
Other alternatives installation methods are available in the documentation.
Standalone executables of
mdedup's latest version are available for several platforms and architectures:
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for mail_deduplicate-7.3.0-py3-none-any.whl