Deduplicate mails from mbox files and maildir folders.
Command-line tool to deduplicate mails from a set of mbox files and/or maildir folders.
- Duplicate detection based on cherry-picked mail headers.
- Source mails from multiple mbox files and/or maildir folders.
- Multiple removal strategies based on size, timestamp or file path.
- Dry-run mode.
- Protection against false-positives by checking for size and content differences.
This package is available on PyPi, so you can install the latest stable release and its dependencies with a simple pip call:
$ pip install mail-deduplicate
Docs are hosted on Read the Docs.
As of v3.0.0, the project has been renamed to Mail Deduplicate and is now available on:
This version is not yet released and is under active development.
- Rename project from maildir-deduplicate to mail-deduplicate.
- Rename master branch to main.
- Add support for mboxes. Closes #48.
- Remove requirement on -s/--strategy parameter, to let mails being grouped into duplicate sets without any removal action, effectively acting as a second-level dry-run.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size mail_deduplicate-3.0.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (32.0 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size mail_deduplicate-3.0.0-py3.8.egg (24.6 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 3.8||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size mail-deduplicate-3.0.0.tar.gz (36.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for mail_deduplicate-3.0.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Hashes for mail_deduplicate-3.0.0-py3.8.egg