marina manages docker instances
Marina is a tool for building docker images with a focus on separating compile-time dependencies from run-time dependencies in order to keep the shipped images small and secure.
pip install marina
marina -vvv build examples/shootout
name: dummy compile: base_image: ubuntu:14.04 commands: - dd if=/dev/urandom of=/srv/dummy bs=50kB count=1 files: - /srv/dummy run: base_image: ubuntu:14.04
pip install marina[testing] py.test
- Update to use docker package instead of the now-defunct docker-py package.
- Pin to docker-py < 1.10 until a bug is fixed. See https://github.com/docker/docker-py/issues/1211
- [build] The cache volume is now created as a docker volume instead of a data container. It can be controlled using docker volume commands.
- [build] Properly exit with an error if there was an issue reading from the container stdout/stderr while attached.
- [build] The busybox image is no longer required. The archive will be pulled directly from the build container.
- [build] Fix an issue when the system does not already have the busybox image installed.
- [build] Fix some unicode issues when running on Python 2.
- [build] Add another workaround for docker-py when pulling a new image. See https://github.com/docker/docker-py/issues/1134
- Support Python 3.
- [build] Stop using an API that was removed in docker 1.12.
- [build] Allow the BUILD_CONTEXT (cwd in scripts) to be writeable. Previously it was mounted readonly.
- [build] Search for the ssh identity file in known paths.
- [build] Add a workaround for a bug in docker-py causing the runner image to fail to build. See https://github.com/docker/docker-py/issues/1134
- [build] Flush stdout to keep container messages from pausing.
- [build] Delete any volumes associated with a container.
- [build] Fix usage of ExposedPorts from runner base image.
- [build] Exit with an error code upon failure instead of 0.
- Turn off docker hostname verification to enable connections with docker-machine instances over SSL until https://github.com/docker/docker-py/issues/731 is resolved.
- [build] Avoid detaching from the archive container before the tarfile has been fully written to disk.
- [build] Add --skip-cleanup option for keeping images/containers/files around after the build.
- Support docker 1.3.x and its TLS requirements.
- Support --quiet for suppressing output.
- [build] Add --env option for specifying credentials and other configurable build-time settings.
- [build] Ensure the busybox image is around.
- Initial release.
- First cut at “marina build” to generate a working docker container.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, Size & Hash SHA256 Hash Help||File Type||Python Version||Upload Date|
(14.2 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|Wheel||py2.py3||Mar 10, 2017|
(12.6 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|Source||None||Mar 10, 2017|