Python implementation of the three main OATH specifications: HOTP, TOTP and OCRA
- python-oath is a package implementing the three main OATH specifications:
- HOTP, an event based one-time password standard – OTP – using HMAC signatures,
- TOTP, a time based OTP,
- OCRA, a mixed OTP / signature system based on HOTP for complex use cases.
It’s Python 3 ready.
The main APIs are:
- hotp, to generate a password.
- accept_hotp, to check a received password,
- totp and accept_totp, the same for the TOTP standard.
- GoogleAuthenticator to parse Google Authenticator URI
- from_b32key to create a a GoogleAuthenticator object from a simple base32 key