Build customized forms in your website
This module provides websites the feature of adding custom forms in any page.
Table of contents
Install some other addon that provides website_form support to benefit from this one’s features. Hints:
To configure this module, you need to:
- Have Administration / Settings privileges.
- Go to Settings > Activate developer mode.
- Go to Settings > Technical > Database Structure > Models.
- Search for the model you want to manage website form access for.
- When you find it, it will have a Website Forms section where you can:
- Allow the model to get forms, by checking Allowed to use in forms.
- Give the model forms a better name in Label for form action.
- Choose the field where to store custom fields data in Field for custom form data. If you leave this one empty and the model is a mail thread, a new message will be appended with that custom data.
- In the Fields tab, there’s a new column called Blacklisted in web forms. It’s a security feature that forbids form submitters to write to those fields. When you create a new website form, all its model fields are automatically whitelisted for the sake of improving the UX. If you want to have higher control, come back here after creating the form and blacklist any fields you want, although that will only work for custom fields.
To use this module, you need to:
- Go to any of your website pages.
- Edit it.
- Drag and drop the Form snippet into the page.
- Use the snippet overlay to add, edit and remove fields.
- If you want to set a hidden field, make sure you set a valid default value on it, or users may get hidden errors and they might even be unable to send the form!
- These type of fields will not appear, they are forbidden since they make no
sense in this module’s context, or a correct implementation would be adding
not much value while adding lots of complexity:
- Any one2many fields
- Any reference fields
- Any serialized fields
- Any read-only fields
- You should include https://github.com/odoo/odoo/pull/21628 in your installation to get a better UX when a user has already sent a form and cannot resend it.
- To edit any <label> text, you need to click twice. Review the problem once https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=853519 gets fixed.
- You cannot edit base fields blacklisted status manually because Odoo forbids that for security.
- website_form works in unexpected and undocumented ways. If you plan to add support in your addon, this is a good place to start reading.
- If you add a custom file upload field to a form that creates records in models that have no mail.thread inheritance, your users will be unable to send the form.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/website project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|odoo11_addon_website_form_builder-22.214.171.124.0.99.dev2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (40.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3|