Redirect any controller to the URL of your dreams
Website SEO Redirection
This module extends the functionality of the website to support using custom URLs and allow you to improve the SEO.
Moving a page to another URL
Let’s assume you created a blog post entry that is absolutely amazing and you want a fixed and beautiful URL for it. That entry is posted in https://example.com/blog/our-news-1/post/amazing-post-23, but you want it at https://example.com/amazing. You need to:
- Go to Website Admin > SEO Redirections > Create.
- Set /blog/our-news-1/post/amazing-post-23 as Original URL.
- Set /amazing as Destination URL.
- Enable Relocate controller.
Now navigate to any of both URLs, and you will get to the blog post, but with the URL you wanted.
Setting a URL as a redirection to another one
Let’s assume you created a blog post entry that is absolutely amazing and you want a shortened URL that redirects to it. That entry is posted in https://example.com/blog/our-news-1/post/amazing-post-23, but you want that https://example.com/amazing redirects to it. You need to:
- Go to Settings > Configuration > SEO Redirections > Create.
- Set /amazing as Original URL.
- Set /blog/our-news-1/post/amazing-post-23 as Destination URL.
- Disable Relocate controller.
Now navigate to any of both URLs, and you will get to the blog post, with its original URL untouched.
Known issues / Roadmap
- Redirections are cached. If you hit one once, and then change it, you will mostly have to clear your browser’s cache to avoid hitting a 404 error.
- Make it multiwebsite-compatible.
Notes for migration to v10:
- #4146 was fixed, so we could make the Promote panel load data from an extended website.seo.metadata class.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
- Odoo Community Association: Icon.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|odoo9_addon_website_seo_redirection-22.214.171.124.1-py2-none-any.whl (161.6 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2||Aug 27, 2017|