Like `pip freeze` but lists only the packages that are not dependencies of installed packages.
PIP Chill - Make requirements with only the packages you need
Like pip freeze but lists only the packages that are not dependencies of installed packages.
- Free software: GNU General Public License v3
- Documentation: https://pip-chill.readthedocs.io.
Generates a requirements file without any packages that depend on other packages in the file.
Suppose you have installed in your virtualenv a couple packages. When you run pip freeze, you’ll get a list of all packages installed, with all dependencies. If one of the packages you installed ceases to depend on an already installed package, you have to manually remove it from the list. The list also makes no distinction about the packages you actually care about and packages your packages care about, making the requirements file bloated and, ultimately, inaccurate.
On your terminal, run:
$ pip-chill asciitree==0.3.1 autopep8==1.2.4 beautifulsoup4==4.4.0 bleach==1.4.1 cookiecutter==1.4.0 coverage==3.7.1 django-argonauts==1.0.1 ...
Or, if you want it without version numbers:
$ pip-chill --no-version asciitree autopep8 beautifulsoup4 bleach cookiecutter coverage django-argonauts ...
Or, if you want to list package dependencies too:
$ pip-chill -v asciitree==0.3.1 autopep8==1.2.4 beautifulsoup4==4.4.0 bleach==1.4.1 cookiecutter==1.4.0 coverage==3.7.1 django-argonauts==1.0.1 # arrow==0.10.0 # Installed as dependency for jinja2-time # binaryornot==0.4.4 # Installed as dependency for cookiecutter # chardet==3.0.4 # Installed as dependency for binaryornot # click==6.7 # Installed as dependency for cookiecutter # django==1.11.5 # Installed as dependency for django-argonauts # future==0.16.0 # Installed as dependency for cookiecutter # html5lib==0.999999999 # Installed as dependency for bleach # jinja2==2.9.6 # Installed as dependency for jinja2-time, cookiecutter # jinja2-time==0.2.0 # Installed as dependency for cookiecutter # markupsafe==1.0 # Installed as dependency for jinja2 # pep8==1.7.0 # Installed as dependency for autopep8 # poyo==0.4.1 # Installed as dependency for cookiecutter # python-dateutil==2.6.1 # Installed as dependency for arrow # pytz==2017.2 # Installed as dependency for django # six==1.11.0 # Installed as dependency for python-dateutil, html5lib, bleach # webencodings==0.5.1 # Installed as dependency for html5lib # whichcraft==0.4.1 # Installed as dependency for cookiecutter ...
- Add no-chill option so that pip-chill is not shown as installed
- Do Linux tests on Focal where possible (2.7 and 3.7 on ppc64le and s390x, 2.7 on arm64 run Bionic)
- Fix wrong URLs in CONTRIBUTING.rst
- Add 3.7, 3.8, 3.9 to ppc64le and s390x, 3.10-dev to Linux, macOS
- Rename nightly as 3.10-dev
- Add explicit amd64 arch to amd64
- Fix failing flake8 test
- Bump version to 1.0.1
- Remove dependency on Click (stay 100% within stdlib)
- Add 3.8 tests for Tox
- Add new tests
- Add arm, ppc64le, and s390x to architectures being tested
- Bump version to 1.0.0
- New -a shortcut for –all
- Internal fixes - use assert methods in tests, improve markdown.
- Testing improvements (using TravisCI matrix, new base image, etc)
- Small documentation improvements
- Fixes, compatibility with Python 2.7, 3.6, 3.7
- Added a verbose command-line switch (fixed #3)
- Added pkg-resources to packages not shown by default.
- Added an –all switch.
- Do not show wheel and setuptools unless –all is invoked.
- Better testing, more of the cookiecutter infrastructure enabled.
- Added a –no-version switch.
- First release on PyPI.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pip_chill-1.0.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (6.8 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size pip-chill-1.0.1.tar.gz (18.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for pip_chill-1.0.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl