Text field with MIME type support
This package provides a zope.schema style field type called RichText which can be used to store a value with a related MIME type. The value can be transformed to an output MIME type, for example to transform from structured text to HTML.
To use the field, place it in a schema like so:
from plone.app.textfield import RichText from zope.interface import Interface class ITest(Interface): bodyText = RichText( title=u"Body text", default_mime_type='text/structured', output_mime_type='text/html', allowed_mime_types=('text/structured', 'text/plain',), default=u"Default value" )
This specifies the default MIME type of text content as well as the default output type, and a tuple of allowed types. All these values are optional. The default MIME type is ‘text/html’, and the default output type is ‘text/x-html-safe’. By default, allowed_mime_types is None, which means that the side-wide default set of allowable input MIME types will be permitted.
Note that the default value here is set to a unicode string, which will be considered to be of the default MIME type. This value is converted to a RichTextValue object (see below) on field initialisation, so the default property will be an object of this type.
The field actually stores an immutable object of type plone.app.textfield.value.RichTextValue. This object has the following attributes:
- The raw value as a unicode string.
- The MIME type of the raw text.
- A unicode string that represents the value transformed to the default output MIME type. May be None if the transformation could not be completed successfully, but will be cached after it has been successfully transformed once.
- The MIME type of the output string. This is normally copied from the field’s output_mime_type property.
That the output, mimeType and outputMimeType properties will be stored in the same _p_jar as the parent content object, whilst the raw value is stored in a separate persistent object. This is to optimise for the common case where the output is frequently accessed when the object is viewed (and thus should avoid a separate persistent object load), whereas the raw value is infrequently accessed (and so should not take up memory unless specifically requested).
Transformation takes place using an ITransformer adapter. The default implementation uses Plone’s portal_transforms tool to convert form one MIME type to another. Note that Products.PortalTransforms must be installed for this to work, otherwise no default ITransformer adapter is registered. You can use the [portaltransforms] extra to add Products.PortralTransforms as a dependency.
To invoke alternative transformations from a page template, you can use the following convenience syntax:
<div tal:content="structure context/@@text-transform/fieldName/text/plain" />
Here fieldName is the name of the field (which must be found on context and contain a RichTextValue). text/plain is the desired output MIME type.
The package also contains a plone.supermodel export/import handler, which will be configured if plone.supermodel is installed. You can use the [supermodel] extra to add a plone.supermodel dependency.
A z3c.form widget will be installed if z3c.form` is installed. The [widget] extra will pull this dependency in if nothing else does.
A plone.rfc822 field marshaler will be installed if plone.rfc822 is installed. The [marshaler] extra will pull this dependency in if nothing else does.
A plone.schemaeditor field factory will be installed if plone.schemaeditor is installed. The editor extra will pull this dependency if nothing else does.
See field.txt for more details about the field’s behaviour, and handler.txt for more details about the plone.supermodel handler.
- Do not give an error when the raw value is None. Give an empty unicode string as output in that case. [maurits]
- Add support for collective.ckeditor. [tschorr]
- Fix compatibility with Zope 2.12. [davisagli]
- Pass field’s max_length to the wysiwyg macro, if it has one. [davisagli]
- Determine which editor’s wysiwyg_support template to use from within widget_input.pt. Fixes support for collective.ckeditor. [tschorr, davisagli]
- Update getSite import locations. [hannosch]
- Make sure that the display widget absolutizes relative links relative to the correct context. To facilitate doing this from custom templates, RichTextValue now has an output_relative_to helper method which can be passed a context. [davisagli]
- Fix an issue with the support for plone.schemaeditor. [davisagli]
- Support a max_length parameter for RichText fields. Input longer than the max_length does not pass validation. [davisagli]
- Pass some additional context to the wysiwyg_support macro to help with determining the field’s mimetype. [davisagli]
- Changed deprecated getSiteEncoding to hardcoded utf-8 [tom_gross]
1.1 - 2012-02-20
- Provide a version of the RichText field schema for use with plone.schemaeditor. Only the default_mime_type field is exposed for editing through-the-web, with a vocabulary of mimetypes derived from the AllowedContentTypes vocabulary in plone.app.vocabularies (which can be adjusted via Plone’s markup control panel). [davisagli]
- Log original exception when a TransformError is raised. [rochecompaan]
1.0.2 - 2011-11-26
- If no transform path is found: Instead of throwing an exception page in the face of the user, now return an empty string and log error message. [kleist]
- Fix infinite recursion bug when source and target mimetype is the same. [rochecompaan]
1.0.1 - 2011-09-24
- Make sure the field constraint is validated, if specified. This closes http://code.google.com/p/dexterity/issues/detail?id=200 [davisagli]
- Make sure validation fails if no text is entered for a required field. This closes http://code.google.com/p/dexterity/issues/detail?id=199 [davisagli]
- Wrap the context in the form context, not the site, so that relative links are generated correctly. [davisagli]
- Avoid duplicating the id of the textarea if the form has no prefix. [davisagli]
- Fix case where editor did not load if the context being edited is a dict. [davisagli]
- Pass through the z3c.form widget’s rows and cols settings to the wysiwyg editor macro. [davisagli]
1.0 - 2011-04-30
- Fix failing test. [davisagli]
1.0b7 - 2011-02-11
- Don’t persistently cache output. Transforms may depend on outside state (e.g. the uuid transform.) PortalTransform’s caching is imperfect, but it is time limited. http://code.google.com/p/dexterity/issues/detail?id=151 [elro]
- Pass context to portal transforms. [elro]
1.0b6 - 2010-04-18
- Fix the field schemata so they can be used as the form schema when adding the field using plone.schemaeditor [rossp]
- Remove unused lookup of the current member’s editor preference. This is handled by the wysiwyg_support macros. [davisagli]
1.0b5 - 2009-11-17
- Fix an error that could occur if the user did not have an editor preference set. [optilude]
- Fix tests on Plone 4. [optilude]
- Add field factory for use with plone.schemaeditor (only configured if that package is installed). [davisagli]
1.0b4 - 2009-10-12
- Update README.txt to be in line with reality. [optilude]
- Fix the @@text-transform view to work with path traversal. [optilude]
1.0b3 - 2009-10-08
- Add plone.rfc822 field marshaller. This is only configured if that package is installed. [optilude]
1.0b2 - 2009-09-21
- Store the raw value in a separate persistent object in the ZODB instead of in a BLOB. This avoids potential problems with having thousands of small BLOB files, which would not be very space efficient on many filesystems. [optilude]
- Make the RichTextValue immutable. This greatly simplifies the code and avoids the need to keep track of the parent object. [optilude]
1.0b1 - 2009-09-17
- Initial release