CSRF fixes for Plone 4
The package aims to backport the auto CSRF implementation from Plone 5 to Plone 4.
The reason this is necessary is because there are a lot of CSRF problem with the ZMI that Zope2 will never be able to fix.
See https://plone.org/security/hotfix/20151006 for more details.
Plone 4.3, 4.2, 4.1 and 4.0
add plone4.csrffixes to eggs list:
eggs = ... plone4.csrffixes ...
add a new version pin for plone.protect, plone.keyring and plone.locking:
[versions] ... plone.keyring = 3.0.1 plone.locking = 2.0.9 plone.protect = 3.0.19 ...
Plone 4.0 and 4.1
If lxml is not already included in your site, this package has a dependency on lxml and will pull it in when installed.
We recommend pinning to version 2.3.6 of lxml. If you use a version of lxml > 3, you’ll need to also install the cssselect package. Since version 1.0.4 we require cssselect in our setup.py so it is automatically installed.
Additional addon versions
To prevent some write on read errors that might cause false positives with the auto csrf protection, these version pins have been reported to work upgrading to:
Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool = 3.0.12 Products.PlonePAS = 5.0.4
plone4.csrffixes registers via z3c.autoinclude for Plone instances and is not loaded in tests.
You need to include plone4.csrffixes in your package configure.zcml for it to load in your tests:
<include package="plone4.csrffixes" />
- Depend on plone.protect 3.0.19 or higher. This adds protect.js, so we do not have to do this anymore. See issue https://github.com/plone/plone.protect/issues/42 [maurits]
- Factor out referrer/origin backstop into its own method so it can be customized on a subclassed transform. [lgraf]
- Change extension of CHANGES and README from txt to rst. [gforcada]
- include a setup.cfg and a .editorconfig file with code conventions: - settings for isort - plone styleguide settings [loechel]
- apply code conventions [loechel]
- fix potential issues with tinymce patch [vangheem]
- Add documentation for loading plone4.csrffixes for robot framework testing [lbrannon]
- Fix issue where redirects would contain an unparsable response [vangheem]
- make plone lock operations safe [vangheem]
- Check options before trying to work on them [ale-rt]
- Skipped by mistake.
- add a trailing slash on the site referrer matching [vangheem]
- Handle TypeError caused by getToolByName on an invalid context [vangheem]
- add cssselect dependency for people who install lxml > 3 by mistake on Plone 4.0 and 4.1 [vangheem]
- prevent TypeError from occurring when checking commit of non-string keys on an OOBTree instance. Fixes #5 [vangheem]
- use a better guess at if we should rewrite urls for zmi [vangheem]
- correctly check for origin header [vangheem]
- initial release