Data visualization library for SuperDARN data
Python data visualization library for the Super Dual Auroral Radar Network (SuperDARN).
Version 1.0 - Release!
pyDARN is released! Included are the following features:
- Reading and writing DMap format IQDAT, RAWACF, FITACF, GRID/GRD and MAP files
- Reading and writing HDF5 format files for Borealis radar data, as well as conversion to and from DMap format
- Range-time parameter style plots for RAWACF and FITACF files
- Summary plots for RAWACF and FITACF files
- Time series plots for RAWACF and FITACF files
pyDARN's documentation can found here
pip install pydarn
Or read the installation guide.
As a quick tutorial on using pydarn to read a non-compressed file:
import pydarn # read a non-compressed file fitacf_file = '20180220.C0.rkn.stream.fitacf' # pyDARN functions to read a fitacf file reader = pydarn.SDarnRead(fitacf_file) records = reader.read_fitacf()
or to read a compressed file:
import bz2 import pydarn # read in compressed file fitacf_file = '20180220.C0.rkn.stream.fitacf.bz2' with bz2.open(fitacf_file) as fp: fitacf_stream = fp.read() # pyDARN functions to read a fitacf file stream reader = pydarn.SDarnRead(fitacf_stream, True) records = reader.read_fitacf()
For more information and tutorials on pyDARN please see the tutorial section
pyDARN is always looking for testers and developers keen on learning python, github, and/or SuperDARN data visualizations! Here are some ways to get started:
- Testing Pull Request: to determine which pull requests need to be tested right away, filter them by their milestones (v1.1.0 is currently highest priority).
- Getting involved in projects: if you are looking to help in a specific area, look at pyDARN's projects tab. The project you are interested in will give you information on what is needed to reach completion. This includes things currently in progress, and those awaiting reviews.
- Answer questions: if you want to try your hand at answering some pyDARN questions, or adding to the discussion, look at pyDARN's issues and filter by labels.
- Become a developer: if you want to practice those coding skills and add to the library, look at pyDARN issues and filter by milestone's to see what needs to get done right away.
Please contact the leading developer, Marina Schmidt (email@example.com), if you would like to become a member of the team!
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pydarn-184.108.40.206-py3-none-any.whl (185.1 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size pydarn-220.127.116.11.tar.gz (90.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|