A GUI based Robot Test Executor
- Application to run the Robot Test From the File System with following features.
- Group Robot Test Cases from different Folders and Group them in batch.
- Search Test using Robot Tags
- Run/Track the batch execution status in real time.
- Bookmarks your frequently used test sets to create batch easily.
- Run Robot Batch in multiple threads to seed up the execution.
- Designed to suite Mobile and Web test Automation in mind.
- This application is written in Python 3.7. Not tested for Python 3.8
- Can be integrated with Microfocus ALM Authentication.
- Python 3
- Robot Framework
The recommended installation method is using
pip install robot-executor
To run the tool Run following in Terminal/Command roboapp
ALM Authentication Configuration
This Application comes with ALM Authentication. By Default this is feature is disabled.
To enable this feature, Download the source from the
Git Hub <https://github.com/MandyYdnam/Robo_App>_
Update Following in constants.py
- USE_ALM = True
- ALM_URI = "enter your alm uri"
And Build the distribution from source. Once done, Install the newly build package.
- Browse to base Robot Framework Project Location Folder.
- Search the Test Cases by Browsing to different Folder.
- You can also Search Test by Tags.
- From the Search Results Add the Test cases to the Batch.
- Click on Create Batch.
- Fill in the Required Batch Details Create a Batch
- Once Batch is Created, Go to Batch Monitor.
- Right Click the batch and Click Start to Start the Test Execution.
- Application do not allow to overwrite existing bookmark.
- If you really want to updated exiting bookmark, then use admin password (Pr1y@)
Information Provided on Create batch form is exposed as Command line variables to robot Test. So values in these
fields can be used in the Robot Test as Variables.
Setting variables in command line <https://robotframework.org/robotframework/latest/RobotFrameworkUserGuide.html#setting-variables-in-command-line>_
Here is the Mapping of fields to variable names.
- Language => ENV_LANGUAGE
- Test Plan Path => ALMTestPlanPath
- Test Lab Path => ALMTestLabPath
- Test Set Name => ALMTestSetName
Mobile Specific Mapping:
- Select Device / Browser => ENV_DEVICE_UDID
- Select Server=> ENV_MC_SERVER
- User Name => ENV_MC_USER_NAME
- User Password => ENV_MC_USER_PASS
Browser Specific Mapping:
- Select Device / Browser => ENV_Browser
- Select URL => ENV_URL
If you are using Microfocus's ALM Login Form then following variable will be exposed:
- Name => almuserid
- Password => almuserpswd
- Domain => almdomain
- Project => almproject
Mandeep Dhiman <https://github.com/MandyYdnam>_
- Sorting in Scripts Table
- Added Mac Compatibility
- Sorting For Batch Execution Monitor
- Add License
- URL Parameter for Web
- Search by Tags
- ALM Login Screen And Integration
- Enhanced Book Mark Feature
- Add Feature To Create Bookmaks for Test Case
- Back End changes from Tuple to Dict
- Load bookmarks to update after creating new BM.
- Enhancements to Database Model Function
- Add Feature To Update Already Existing Batch
- Add Feature to Update Script.
- Provides user ability to run the Robot Test cases from the project
- Stores the Past Results from the Execution
- Provides Batch Monitor to see the Live Batch Execution Process
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for robot_executor-0.0.8-py3-none-any.whl