Wrapper to ease data management into Tableau Hyper format from CSV files
What is this repository for?
Based on Tableau Hyper API this repository is intended to manage importing any CSV file into Tableau-Hyper format (to be used with Tableau Desktop/Server) with minimal configuration (as column detection, content type detection and reinterpretation of content are part of the included logic), therefore speed up the process of building extract.
Even better, can be used in conjunction with Tableau Server Client to take resulted Tableau Hyper file and publish it to a Tableau Server, therefore automating the tedious task to refresh data on the server side (of course, only relevant in case no direct connection from Tableau Server to data source is possible or nature of content is not supported directly by data source: one real-life example can be daily snapshot of a dynamically changing content to capture big variations in time).
Who do I talk to?
Repository owner is: Daniel Popiniuc
Installation is very easy. Either install it from PyPI:
$ pip3|pip3(.exe) install -U tableau-hyper-management $ pip3|pip3(.exe) install -U git+https://github.com/danielgp/tableau-hyper-management
or directly from GitHub:
$ git clone https://github.com/danielgp/tableau-hyper-management $ python3|python(.exe) setup.py install
$ python3|python.exe <local_path_of_this_package>main.py --input-file <full_path_and_file_base_name_to_file_having_content_as_CSV>(.txt|.csv) --csv-field-separator ,|; --output-file <full_path_and_file_base_name_to_generated_file>(.hyper)
- conventions used:
- (content_within_round_parenthesis) = optional
- <content_within_html_tags> = variables to be replaced with user values relevant strings
- single vertical pipeline = separator for alternative options
- dynamic fields detection based ont 1st line content and provided field separator (strategic advantage);
- dynamic advanced content type detection:
- support for empty field content for any data type (required re-interpreting CSV to be accepted by Hyper Inserter to ensure INT or DOUBLE data types are considered);
- use Panda package to benefit of Data Frames speed and flexibility (since 2019-11-24)
Planned features to add (of course, when time will permit / help would be appreciated / votes|feedback is welcomed)
- additional formats to be recognized, like:
- geographical identifiers (Country, US - Zip Codes)
- feedback localization;
- CSV file internationalization;
switch to lambda function to optimize run-time for millions of rows on data reprocessing
Features to request template
Code quality analysis
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size tableau-hyper-management-1.1.0.tar.gz (10.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for tableau-hyper-management-1.1.0.tar.gz