Testify - A Testing Framework
Testify is a replacement for Python’s unittest module and nose. It is modeled after unittest, and tests written for unittest will run under testify with a minimum of adjustments, but it has features above and beyond unittest:
- class-level setup and teardown fixture methods which are run once each for an entire set of test methods.
- a decorator-based approach for fixture methods, eliminating the need for super() calls.
- More pythonic, less java
- enhanced test discovery - testify can drill down into packages to find test cases (similiar to nose).
- support for collecting and running tests by collecting modules, classes or methods into test suites.
- Pretty test runner output (color!)
- Support for splitting up tests into buckets to support multi-processing
- Extensible plugin system for adding additional functionality around reporting
- Comes complete with other handy testing utilities: Mocking (turtle), code coverage integration and profiling.
- Client-server support