Decentralised, minimalist microblogging service for hackers.
twtxt is a decentralised, minimalist microblogging service for hackers.
So you want to get some thoughts out on the internet in a convenient and slick way while also following the gibberish of others? Instead of signing up at a closed and/or regulated microblogging platform, getting your status updates out with twtxt is as easy as putting them in a publicly accessible text file. The URL pointing to this file is your identity, your account. twtxt then tracks these text files, like a feedreader, and builds your unique timeline out of them, depending on which files you track. The format is simple, human readable, and integrates well with UNIX command line utilities.
tl;dr: twtxt is a CLI tool, as well as a format specification for self-hosted flat file based microblogging.
- A beautiful command-line interface thanks to click.
- Asynchronous HTTP requests thanks to asyncio/aiohttp and Python 3.
- Integrates well with existing tools (scp, cut, echo, date, etc.) and your shell.
- Don’t like the official client? Tweet using echo -e "`date -Im`\tHello world!" >> twtxt.txt!
Check out the full documentation at: http://twtxt.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
- twtxt IRC channel: #twtxt on irc.freenode.net
- A web-based directory of twtxt users by reednj: http://twtxt.reednj.com/
- A web-based directory of twtxt users by xena: https://twtxtlist.cf
- A web-based twtxt feed hoster for the masses by plomlompom: https://github.com/plomlompom/htwtxt
- A twtxt-to-atom converter in sh by erlehmann: http://news.dieweltistgarnichtso.net/bin/twtxt2atom
- A twitter-to-twtxt converter in node.js by DracoBlue: https://gist.github.com/DracoBlue/488466eaabbb674c636f
- A port to node.js / npm by Melvin Carvalho: https://github.com/webize/twtxt
- A patched version of TweetNest, which serves TweetNest archives in twtxt format, by texttheater: https://github.com/texttheater/tweetnest/tree/feat/twtxt
- A twtxt registry api by DracoBlue: https://registry.twtxt.org
twtxt is released under the MIT License. See the bundled LICENSE file for details.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|twtxt-1.2.1-py3-none-any.whl (19.1 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||3.5||Wheel||Feb 16, 2016|
|twtxt-1.2.1.tar.gz (15.0 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Feb 16, 2016|