Waitress WSGI server
Waitress is meant to be a production-quality pure-Python WSGI server with very acceptable performance. It has no dependencies except ones which live in the Python standard library. It runs on CPython on Unix and Windows under Python 2.7+ and Python 3.3+. It is also known to run on PyPy 1.6.0+ on UNIX. It supports HTTP/1.0 and HTTP/1.1.
For more information, see the “docs” directory of the Waitress package or http://docs.pylonsproject.org/projects/waitress/en/latest/ .
- IPv6 support on Windows was broken due to missing constants in the socket module. This has been resolved by setting the constants on Windows if they are missing. See https://github.com/Pylons/waitress/issues/138
- A ValueError was raised on Windows when passing a string for the port, on Windows in Python 2 using service names instead of port numbers doesn’t work with getaddrinfo. This has been resolved by attempting to convert the port number to an integer, if that fails a ValueError will be raised. See https://github.com/Pylons/waitress/issues/139
- Removed AI_ADDRCONFIG from the call to getaddrinfo, this resolves an issue whereby getaddrinfo wouldn’t return any addresses to bind to on hosts where there is no internet connection but localhost is requested to be bound to. See https://github.com/Pylons/waitress/issues/131 for more information.
- Python 2.6 is no longer supported.
Waitress is now able to listen on multiple sockets, including IPv4 and IPv6. Instead of passing in a host/port combination you now provide waitress with a space delineated list, and it will create as many sockets as required.
from waitress import serve serve(wsgiapp, listen='0.0.0.0:8080 [::]:9090 *:6543')
- Waitress will now drop HTTP headers that contain an underscore in the key when received from a client. This is to stop any possible underscore/dash conflation that may lead to security issues. See https://github.com/Pylons/waitress/pull/80 and https://www.djangoproject.com/weblog/2015/jan/13/security/
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|waitress-1.0.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (113.2 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||3.5||Oct 22, 2016|
|waitress-1.0.1.tar.gz (123.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Oct 22, 2016|