Python API for the Volkswagen WeConnect Services
Python API for the Volkswagen WeConnect Services. If you are not a developer and ended up here you probably want to check out a project using this library (see below).
Projects in which the library is used
- VWsFriend: VWsFriend records statistics about your car (charging sessions, battery, trips, fueling, etc.) and displays them nicely. It also allows you to forward data from the car to other applications such as A better routeplanner and allows you to integrate your car into Apple HomeKit
- WeConnect-cli: A commandline interface to interact with WeConnect
- WeConnect-MQTT: A MQTT Client that provides WeConnect data to the MQTT Broker of your choice (e.g. your home automation solution such as ioBroker, FHEM or Home Assistant)
- To get started have a look in the examples folder
- Volkswagen ID.3 Modelyear 2021
- Volkswagen Passat GTE Modelyear 2021
Login & Consent
WeConnect-python is based on the new WeConnect ID API that was introduced with the new series of ID cars. If you use another car or hybrid you probably need to agree to the terms and conditions of the WeConnect ID interface. Easiest to do so is by installing the WeConnect ID app on your smartphone and login there. If necessary you will be asked to agree to the terms and conditions.
Please feel free to open an issue at GitHub Issue page to report problems you found.
- The API is in alpha state and may change unexpectedly at any time! Please conscider this and pin to a specific version if you depend on it.
- Examples and API documentation is missing
Inspired by TA2k/ioBroker.vw-connect that gave me a point to start working with the API
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size weconnect-0.20.15-py3-none-any.whl (120.3 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size weconnect-0.20.15.tar.gz (101.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for weconnect-0.20.15-py3-none-any.whl