Make Excel fly: Interact with Excel from Python and vice versa.
xlwings (Open Source)
xlwings is a BSD-licensed Python library that makes it easy to call Python from Excel and vice versa:
- Scripting: Automate/interact with Excel from Python using a syntax that is close to VBA.
- Macros: Replace your messy VBA macros with clean and powerful Python code.
- UDFs: Write User Defined Functions (UDFs) in Python (Windows only).
Numpy arrays and Pandas Series/DataFrames are fully supported. xlwings-powered workbooks are easy to distribute and work on Windows and macOS.
xlwings includes all files in the xlwings package except the pro folder, i.e., the xlwings.pro subpackage.
xlwings PRO offers additional functionality on top of xlwings (Open Source), including:
- Support for Google Sheets and Excel on the web
- xlwings Reports, the flexible, template-based reporting system
- Easy deployment via embedded code
- See the full list of PRO features
xlwings PRO is source available and dual-licensed under one of the following licenses:
- PolyForm Noncommercial License 1.0.0 (noncommercial use is free)
- xlwings PRO License (commercial use requires a paid plan)
To use xlwings PRO, you need to install a license key on a Terminal/Command Prompt like so (alternatively, set the env var XLWINGS_LICENSE_KEY:
xlwings license update -k YOUR_LICENSE_KEY
See the docs for more details.
License key for noncommercial purpose:
- To use xlwings PRO for free in a noncommercial context, use the following license key: noncommercial.
License key for commercial purpose:
- To try xlwings PRO for free in a commercial context, request a trial license key: https://www.xlwings.org/trial
- To use xlwings PRO in a commercial context beyond the trial, you need to enroll in a paid plan (they include additional services like support and the ability to create one-click installers): https://www.xlwings.org/pricing
xlwings PRO licenses are developer licenses, are verified offline (i.e., no telemetry/license server involved) and allow royalty-free deployments to unlimited internal and external end-users and servers for a hassle-free management. Deployments use deploy keys that don’t expire but instead are bound to a specific version of xlwings.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for xlwings-0.27.12-py3-none-any.whl