Python interface to unofficial Yahoo Finance API endpoints
Python wrapper for an unofficial Yahoo Finance API
Interactive Demo: https://yahooquery-streamlit.herokuapp.com
Source Code: https://github.com/dpguthrie/yahooquery
Yahooquery is a python interface to unofficial Yahoo Finance API endpoints. The package allows a user to retrieve nearly all the data visible via the Yahoo Finance front-end.
Some features of yahooquery:
- Fast: Data is retrieved through API endpoints instead of web scraping. Additionally, asynchronous requests can be utilized with simple configuration
- Simple: Data for multiple symbols can be retrieved with simple one-liners
- User-friendly: Pandas Dataframes are utilized where appropriate
- Premium: Yahoo Finance premium subscribers are able to retrieve data available through their subscription
Python 2.7, 3.5+
- Pandas - Fast, powerful, flexible and easy to use open source data analysis and manipulation tool
- Requests - The elegant and simple HTTP library for Python, built for human beings.
- Requests-Futures - Asynchronous Python HTTP Requests for Humans
Yahoo Finance Premium Subscribers
Selenium - Web browser automation
Selenium is only utilized to login to Yahoo, which is done when the user passes certain keyword arguments. Logging into Yahoo enables users who are subscribers to Yahoo Finance Premium to retrieve data only accessible to premium subscribers.
If you're a Yahoo Finance premium subscriber and would like to retrieve data available through your subscription, do the following:
pip install yahooquery[premium]
Otherwise, omit the premium argument:
pip install yahooquery
The majority of the data available through the unofficial Yahoo Finance API is related to a company, which is represented in yahooquery as a
Ticker. You can instantiate the
Ticker class by passing the company's ticker symbol. For instance, to get data for Apple, Inc., pass
aapl as the first argument to the
from yahooquery import Ticker aapl = Ticker('aapl') aapl.summary_detail
Multiple Symbol Example
Ticker class also makes it easy to retrieve data for a list of symbols with the same API. Simply pass a list of symbols as the argument to the
from yahooquery import Ticker symbols = ['fb', 'aapl', 'amzn', 'nflx', 'goog'] faang = Ticker(symbols) faang.summary_detail
This project is licensed under the terms of the MIT license.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size yahooquery-2.2.15-py2.py3-none-any.whl (46.4 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size yahooquery-2.2.15.tar.gz (1.0 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for yahooquery-2.2.15-py2.py3-none-any.whl