Recipe for installing Python package distributions as eggs
The egg-installation recipe installes eggs into a buildout eggs directory. It also generates scripts in a buildout bin directory with egg paths baked into them.
The recipe provides the following options:
- A list of eggs to install given as one ore more setuptools requirement strings. Each string must be given on a separate line.
- One or more addresses of link servers to be searched for distributions. This is optional. If not specified, links specified in the buildout section will be used, if any.
- The optional address of a distribution index server. If not specified, then the option from the buildout section will be used. If not specified in the part data or in the buildout section, then http://www.python.org/pypi is used.
- The name of a section defining the Python executable to use. This defaults to buildout.
- The value of this option must be either true or false. If the value is true, then the installed egg will be unzipped. Note that this is only effective when an egg is installed. If a zipped egg already exists in the eggs directory, it will not be unzipped.
- Control which scripts are generated. The value should be a list of zero or more tokens. Each tokem is either a name, or a name, followed by an ‘=’ and a new name. Only the named scripts are generated. If no tokens are given, then script generation is disabled. If the option isn’t given at all, then all scripts defined by the named eggs will be generated.
- Some way to freeze the egg-versions used. This includes some way to record which versions were selected dynamially and then a way to require that the recorded versions be used in a later run.
- More control over script generation. In particular, some way to specify data t be recored in the script.
- Honor the buildout offline option.
- Windows suppprt
- Generate exe files
- Make sure tests work under windows
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size zc.recipe.egg-1.0.0a1-py2.3.egg (32.7 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size zc.recipe.egg-1.0.0a1-py2.4.egg (12.9 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.4||Upload date||Hashes View|