Global principal registry component for Zope3
This package provides an authentication utility for zope.authentication that uses a simple non-persistent principal registry. This is typically registered as a global utility, and it is usually configured in ZCML.
Documentation is hosted at https://zopeprincipalregistry.readthedocs.io
- Fix principal and group objects registered in ZCML or directly with the principalregistry being invalid under Python 2 (having byte strings for id instead of text strings). See https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.principalregistry/issues/7
- Add support for Python 3.5 and 3.6.
- Drop support for Python 2.6 and 3.3.
- Host documentation at https://zopeprincipalregistry.readthedocs.io
- Reach 100% test coverage and ensure we remain there.
- Test PyPy3 on Travis CI.
- Add support for PyPy. (PyPy3 is pending release of a fix for: https://bitbucket.org/pypy/pypy/issue/1946)
- Add support for Python 3.4.
- Add support for testing under Travis.
- Make sure that the password is always bytes when passed into the principal registry.
- Fix deprecation warnings.
- Add support for Python 3.3.
- Replace deprecated zope.interface.implements usage with equivalent zope.interface.implementer decorator.
- Dropd support for Python 2.4 and 2.5.
- Add test extra to declare test dependency on zope.component [test].
- Use Python’s doctest module instead of deprecated zope.testing.doctest.
Remove zope.container dependency, as contained principals didn’t make any sense, since PrincipalRegistry never provided IContainer. Also, zope.container pulls a number dependencies, that are not needed for non-persistent principal registry (like, ZCML, for example).
Set __name__ and __parent__ by hand to provide some backward-compatibility and to save a pointer to registry from principal objects.
Initial release. This package was split from zope.app.security as a part of the refactoring process to provide global principal registry without extra dependencies.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for zope.principalregistry-4.2.0.tar.gz
Hashes for zope.principalregistry-4.2.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl