A modular, fast, simple, static website and blog generator
In goes content, out comes a website, ready to deploy.
Why Static Websites?
Static websites are safer, use fewer resources, and avoid vendor and platform lock-in. You can read more about this in the Nikola Handbook
What Can Nikola Do?
It has many features, but here are some of the nicer ones:
- Blogs, with tags, feeds, archives, comments, etc.
- Fast builds, thanks to doit
- Flexible, extensible via the dozens of available plugins
- Small codebase (programmers can understand all of Nikola core in a day)
- reStructuredText or Markdown as input language (also Wiki, BBCode, Textile, and HTML)
- Easy image galleries (just drop files in a folder!)
- Syntax highlighting for almost any programming language or markup
- Multilingual sites, translated to 50 languages.
- Doesn’t reinvent wheels, leverages existing tools.
- Python 2.7, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5 and 3.6 compatible.
Assuming you have pip installed:
pip install Nikola
For optional features:
pip install "Nikola[extras]"
For tests (see tests/README.rst for more details):
pip install "Nikola[extras,tests]"
For more information, see https://getnikola.com/
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|Nikola-7.8.15-py2.py3-none-any.whl (2.5 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3||May 5, 2018|
|Nikola-7.8.15.tar.gz (4.1 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||May 5, 2018|