dpaste is a Django based pastebin. It's intended to run separately but its also possible to be installed into an existing Django project like a regular app.
dpaste is a Django based pastebin. It’s intended to run separately but its also possible to be installed into an existing Django project like a regular app.
You can find a live example on http://dpaste.de/
Further documentation can be found here: http://dpaste.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
- (Backwards incompatible) Removal of django-mptt and therefor the removal of a tree based snippet list, due to performance reasons with large snippet counts. Snippets still have a ‘parent’ relation if it’s an answer of another snippet, however this is no longer a Nested Set. The UI is simplified too and the user can now only compare an answer to it’s parent snippet. I believe this is the major use case anyway.
- (Backwards incompatible) Removal of the “Gist” button feature.
- Fixed broken 404 view handler in Django 1.9+.
- Python 3.6 and Django 1.10 compatibility and tests.
- Fixed “Content Type” problem with Django 1.10.
- Development requirements now use a different version scheme to be
compatible with older
- Django 1.10 Support
- R Lexer is enabled by default
- Minor fixes and improvements.
- Dropped Django 1.4 and 1.7 support!
- Full Django 1.8 support
- Full Django 1.9 support
- C++ Lexer is enabled by default
- (Backwards incompatible) All API calls must pass the data within a POST request. It can’t mix POST and GET arguments anymore. This was weird behavior anyway and is likely no issue for any paste plugin out there.
- Full Django 1.7 support
- Full Django 1.8 support
- New Django migrations, with fallback to South migrations if South is
installed. If you want to switch from South to native Django migrations,
and have an existing databsae, fake the initial migrations:
manage.py migrate --fake-initial
- Added full i18n support and several languages
- More settings can be overrridden, like the jQuery URL, site name and wether you want to enable Gthub Gist.
- Ships a middleware that blocks anonymous proxies and TOR nodes. Not enabled by default.
- The API create view has a new argument ‘filename’ which is used to determine the lexer out of a given filename.
- Fixed a XSS bug where HTML tags were not properly escaped with the simple code lexer.
- “never” as an expiration choice is enable by default! This creates snippets in the database which are never purged.
- The API create call now supports to set the exiration time.
- Some simple Bootstrap 3 support.
- Gist fixes on Python 3.
- Fix for the rare case of duplicate slug (secret id) generation.
- A new ‘code’ lexer renders source code with no highlighting.
- Whitespace fixes with tab indention and word wrap mode.
- Installation docs.
- IRC lexer is now in the default lexer list.
- One-Time snippet support. Snippets get automatically deleted after the another user looks at it.
- Toggle wordwrap for code snippets.
- General UI and readability improvements.
- API accepts the format or lexer via GET too. You can call an API url like example.com/api/?format=json and have the body in POST only.
- Added an option to keep snippets forever.
- ABAP lexer is now in the default lexer list.
- API Documentation.
- Full test coverage.
- Removed Twitter button from homepage.
- Slug generation is less predictable.
- Added documentation: http://dpaste.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
- Added support for CSRF middleware.
- Windows users can submit the form using Ctrl+Enter.
- The raw view now sends the X-Content-Type-Options=nosniff header.
- Various constants can now be overridden by settings.
- Support for
python setup.py testto run the tox suite.
- Changes and fixes along the package management.
- A huge cleanup and nearly total rewrite.
- dpaste now includes a Django project which is used on www.dpaste.de as well as hooks to get it integrated into existing projcts.