from ipdb import set_trace; set_trace()
from ipdb import pm; pm()
You then get all IPython features (tab completion, syntax highlighting, better tracebacks, better introspection) right in pdb.
If you install ipdb with a tool which supports setuptools entry points, an ipdb script is made for you. You can use it to debug your scripts like
$ bin/ipdb mymodule.py
With Python 2.7 only, you can also use
$ python -m ipdb mymodule.py
ipdb source code and tracker are at https://github.com/gotcha/ipdb.
Zope2 Products.PDBDebugMode uses ipdb, if available, in place of pdb.
iw.debug allows you to trigger an ipdb debugger on any published object of a Zope2 application.
- State dependency on IPython later or equal to 0.10. [gotcha]
- Add setuptools console_scripts entry point. [akrito, gotcha]
- Nose support. Closes https://github.com/gotcha/ipdb/issues/8 [akaihola, gotcha]
- IPython 0.11 support. [lebedov]
- When used from IPython, use its colors. Closes https://github.com/gotcha/ipdb/issues/1 [gotcha]
- Fixed errors when exiting with “q”. [gotcha]
- Allow use of python -m ipdb mymodule.py. Python 2.7 only. Closes https://github.com/gotcha/ipdb/issues/3 [gotcha]
- Fixed post_mortem when the traceback is None. [maurits]
- Add post_mortem() for Products.PDBDebugMode support. [Jean Jordaan]
- Moved to github.com.
- Added pm(). [Paulo Benedict Ang]
- First “non dev” release.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size ipdb-0.6.1.tar.gz (4.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|