A Linked Data Platform repository sever.
Lakesuperior is a Linked Data repository software. It is capable of storing and managing large volumes of files and their metadata regardless of their format, size, ethnicity, gender identity or expression.
Lakesuperior is an alternative Fedora Repository implementation. Fedora is a mature repository software system historically adopted by major cultural heritage institutions which extends the Linked Data Platform protocol.
Lakesuperior aims at being a reliable and efficient Fedora 4 implementation.
Its main goals are:
- Reliability: Based on solid technologies with stability in mind.
- Efficiency: Small memory and CPU footprint, high scalability.
- Ease of management: Tools to perform migration, monitoring and maintenance included.
- Simplicity of design: Straight-forward architecture, robustness over features.
- Stores binary files and RDF metadata in one repository.
- Multi-modal access: REST/LDP, command line and native Python API.
- (almost) Drop-in replacement for Fedora4
- Very stable persistence layer based on LMDB and filesystem. Fully ACID-compliant writes guarantee consistency of data.
- Term-based search and SPARQL Query API + UI
- No performance penalty for storing many resources under the same container, or having one resource link to many URIs
- Extensible provenance metadata tracking
- Fits in a pocket: you can carry 50M triples in an 8Gb memory stick.
Installation & Documentation
git clone --recurse-submodules https://github.com/scossu/lakesuperior.git cd lakesuperior docker-compose up
With pip (requires a C compiler to be installed):
pip install lakesuperior
The full, current documentation is maintained in Read The Docs. Please refer to that for more info, including installation instructions.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size lakesuperior-1.0.0a21.tar.gz (1.4 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|