Script Launchpad through its web services interfaces. Officially supported.
NEWS for launchpadlib
- Fix test runs under sudo.
- Postpone keyring.errors import in the same way that we postpone importing keyring itself.
- Don’t store credentials or open a browser window when running under sudo. [bug=1825014,1862948]
- Fall back to in-memory credentials store if no keyring backend is available. [bug=1864204]
- Fix AccessToken.from_string crash on Python 3.8. [bug=1861873]
- Explicitly install version.txt; launchpadlib requires it.
- Squash a deprecation warning on Python >= 3.7 in launchpadlib.testing.launchpad.
- Switch from buildout to tox.
- Weaken hosted-files test slightly to avoid problems with zope.publisher >= 4.2.2.
- Change ‘dev’ URLs from launchpad.dev to launchpad.test.
- Fix saving of credentials in python3 with gnome-keyring. [bug=1685962]
- Fix AccessToken.from_string crash on Python 3. [bug=1471927]
- Fix fallback if authorizing a token with a browser raises webbrowser.Error.
- Stop introduction.txt doctest from writing to $HOME.
- Fix _bad_oauth_token crash on Python 3. [bug=1471894]
- Time out make_end_user_authorize_token after 15 minutes.
- Ignore PendingDeprecationWarning from lazr.restfulclient. [bug=1473577]
- Ask forgiveness rather than permission when creating cache directories.
- Fix browser token authorization on OS X. [bug=1516080]
- Port to Python3.
- Detect proxies from the environment by default.
- Typo in the doctest fix, discovered when trying to integrate with launchpad itself. [bug=1020667]
- Fix a doctest in introduction.txt so that the test suite runs with python-2.7 (note the doctests only run when running integrated with launchpad’s test suite itself). [bug=1020667]
- Add environment variable, LP_DISABLE_SSL_CERTIFICATE_VALIDATION, to disable SSL certificate checks. Most useful when testing against development servers.
- Move keyring base64 encoding to KeyringCredential and be more defensive about decoding. [bug=900307]
- 1.9.10 was a bad release due to incomplete NEWS entries.
- Add fake Launchpad web service for unit test.
- Improve HACKING documentation.
- Improve launchpadlib directory discovery on Windows.
- Added script to delete spurious bugtasks or split a bugtask from a bug.
- Properly handle Unicode passwords if returned by the keyring.
- Base 64 encode serialized credentials before putting in keyring/wallet.
- Base 64 encode serialized credentials before putting in keyring/wallet.
- Fix a failing test for lazr.restfulclient 0.12.0.
- Detect the error Launchpad sends when it doesn’t recognize an access token, and get a new token.
- Slightly tweaked the behavior of EDGE_SERVICE_ROOT, and improved tests.
- Added EDGE_SERVICE_ROOT and the ‘edge’ alias back, though they both operate on production behind the scenes. Using the ‘edge’ alias will cause a deprecation warning.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the deprecated get_token_and_login code from working, and that required that users of get_token_and_login get a new token on every usage.
- Removed references to the ‘edge’ service root, which is being phased out.
- Fixed a minor bug in the upload_release_tarball contrib script which was causing tarballs to be uploaded with the wrong media type.
- The XSLT stylesheet for converting the Launchpad WADL into HTML documentation has been moved back into Launchpad.
- The keyring package import is now delayed until the keyring needs to be accessed. This reduces launchapdlib users’ exposure to unintended side effects of importing keyring (KWallet authorization dialogs and the registration of a SIGCHLD handler).
- Added a missing import.
- Corrected a test failure.
- When an authorization token expires or becomes invalid, attempt to acquire a new one, even in the middle of a session, rather than crashing.
- The HTML generated by wadl-to-refhtml.xsl now validates.
- Most of the helper login methods have been deprecated. There are now
only two helper methods:
- Launchpad.login_anonymously, for anonymous credential-free access.
- Launchpad.login_with, for programs that need a credential.
- Store authorization tokens in the Gnome keyring or KDE wallet, when available. The credentials_file parameter of Launchpad.login_with() is now ignored.
- By default, Launchpad.login_with() now asks Launchpad for desktop-wide integration. This removes the need for each individual application to get its own OAuth token.
- Removed “fake Launchpad browser” code that didn’t work and was misleading developers.
- Added support for http://qastaging.launchpad.net by adding astaging to the uris.
- Make launchpadlib compatible with the latest lazr.restfulclient.
- Test fixes.
- Instead of making the end-user hit Enter after authorizing an application to access their Launchpad account, launchpadlib will automatically poll Launchpad until the user makes a decision.
- launchpadlib now raises a more helpful exception when the end-user explicitly denies access to a launchpadlib application.
- Improved the XSLT stylesheet to reflect Launchpad’s more complex top-level structure. [bug=286941]
- Test fixes. [bug=488448,616055]
- Extended the optimization from version 1.6.1 to apply to Launchpad’s top-level collection of people.
- Added an optimization that lets launchpadlib avoid making an HTTP request in some situations.
- Fixed a test to work against the latest version of Launchpad.
- Use version 1.0 of the Launchpad web service by default.
- Send a Referer header whenever making requests to the Launchpad website (as opposed to the web service) to avoid falling afoul of new cross-site-request-forgery countermeasures.
- Fixed a minor bug when using login_with() to access a version of the Launchpad web service other than the default.
- Added a check to catch old client code that would cause newer versions of launchpadlib to make nonsensical requests to https://api.launchpad.dev/beta/beta/, and raise a helpful exception telling the developer how to fix it.
- Added the ability to access different versions of the Launchpad web service.
- Made it easy to get anonymous access to a Launchpad instance.
- Made it easy to plug in different clients that take the user’s Launchpad login and password for purposes of authorizing a request token. The most secure technique is still the default: to open the user’s web browser to the appropriate Launchpad page.
- Introduced a command-line script bin/launchpad-credentials-console, which takes the user’s Launchpad login and password, and authorizes a request token on their behalf.
- Introduced a command-line script bin/launchpad-request-token, which creates a request token on any Launchpad installation and dumps the JSON description of that token to standard output.
- Shorthand service names like ‘edge’ should now be respected everywhere in launchpadlib.
- Moved some more code from launchpadlib into the more generic lazr.restfulclient.
- Added a number of new sample scripts from elsewhere.
- Added a reference to the production Launchpad instance.
- Made it easier to specify a Launchpad instance to run against.
- Added a sample script for uploading a release tarball to Launchpad.
- Most of launchpadlib’s code has been moved to the generic lazr.restfulclient library. launchpadlib now contains only code specific to Launchpad. There should be no changes in functionality.
- Moved bootstrap.py into the top-level directory. Having it in a subdirectory with a top-level symlink was breaking installation on Windows.
- The notice to the end-user (that we’re opening their web browser) is now better formatted.
- Correct tests for new launchpad cache behavior in librarian
- Remove build dependency on setuptools_bzr because it was causing bzr to be downloaded during installation of the package, which was unnecessary and annoying.
- Initial release on PyPI
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size launchpadlib-1.10.13.tar.gz (200.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|