An easily customizable theme for Plone 4
Plone Basic is a theme for Plone 4. This theme works well on its own, but is meant to be used as a base for heavily-customized sites.
plonetheme.basic is similar to plonetheme.sunburst – styles were copied from Sunburst, and modified as outlined below. Appearances are very similar, but this theme has been set up to be more easily customizable.
- Uses base_properties, and some variables have been added for quick color customizations.
- Goes back to table-based layout. (Not the best, I know, but it’s so simple!)
- CSS does not use !important, except for padding on content icons
- Cleaned up CSS selectors for efficiency (http://css-tricks.com/efficiently-rendering-css/)
Chrissy Wainwright Six Feet Up, Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Display an arrow for the user menu in IE6/7 [cwainwright]
- For elements entered in the visual editor - moved the styles to a separate stylesheet and made the selectors more specific. This way, clearing the styles is easier, and they won’t conflict with styles for elements in custom templates. [cwainwright]
- fixed some default styles to work with webcouturier.dropdownmenu [cwainwright]
- increased z-indexes to avoid conflicts with add-on products like webcouturier.dropdownmenu and collective.easyslideshow [cwainwright]
- moved extra dtml variables to a new properties file, so that themes without all the variables won’t error out [cwainwright]
- Fix up the restructured text [claytron]
- set #portal-columns borders to collapse, to remove little bits of space [cwainwright]
- fixed styles on livesearch
- increased z-index for compatibility with webcouturier.dropdownmenu
- removed white space from top for IE7
- increased font size to base font
- moved the padding on personal tools to just the header, so if the login link is hidden, there won’t still be a grey box [cwainwright]
- Added an uninstall profile [cwainwright]
- Initial release/creation of Plone Basic [cwainwright]