Cryptographic library for Python
PyCryptodome is a self-contained Python package of low-level cryptographic primitives.
It supports Python 2.4 or newer, all Python 3 versions and PyPy.
PyCryptodome is a fork of PyCrypto. It brings the following enhancements with respect to the last official version of PyCrypto (2.6.1):
- Authenticated encryption modes (GCM, CCM, EAX, SIV)
- Accelerated AES on Intel platforms via AES-NI
- First class support for PyPy
- SHA-3 hash algorithm
- Salsa20 stream cipher
- scrypt and HKDF
- Deterministic DSA
- Password-protected PKCS#8 key containers
- Shamir’s Secret Sharing scheme
- Random numbers get sourced directly from the OS (and not from a CSPRNG in userspace)
- Simplified install process, including better support for Windows
- Cleaner RSA and DSA key generation (largely based on FIPS 186-4)
- Major clean ups and simplification of the code base
For more information, see the homepage.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|pycryptodome-3.1-cp27-none-win32.whl (2.7 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||cp27|
|pycryptodome-3.1-cp34-none-win_amd64.whl (2.7 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||cp34|
|pycryptodome-3.1.zip (2.7 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|