Cryptographic library for Python
PyCryptodome is a self-contained Python package of low-level cryptographic primitives.
It supports Python 2.4 or newer, all Python 3 versions and PyPy.
PyCryptodome is a fork of PyCrypto. It brings the following enhancements with respect to the last official version of PyCrypto (2.6.1):
- Authenticated encryption modes (GCM, CCM, EAX, SIV, OCB)
- Accelerated AES on Intel platforms via AES-NI
- First class support for PyPy
- SHA-3 and BLAKE2 hash algorithms
- Salsa20 and ChaCha20 stream ciphers
- scrypt and HKDF
- Deterministic DSA
- Password-protected PKCS#8 key containers
- Shamir’s Secret Sharing scheme
- Random numbers get sourced directly from the OS (and not from a CSPRNG in userspace)
- Simplified install process, including better support for Windows
- Cleaner RSA and DSA key generation (largely based on FIPS 186-4)
- Major clean ups and simplification of the code base
For more information, see the homepage.