Provides systray integration
v0.18.0 - Easier integration with other libraries
- Added a detached run mode to enable integration with libraries with a run loop. Thanks to PySimpleGUI and glight2000 for their testing efforts!
- Do not crash when running the icon in a non-main thread when using a GTK+ backend.
- Updated documentation.
v0.17.4 - Corrected import on Windows
- Corrected imports from _WinDLL_ to ensure argument definitions are private to this library. Thanks to TomsonBoylett!
v0.17.3 - macOS and AppIndicator bug fixes
- Let the default timeout for notifications when using the AppIndicator backend be decided by the desktop environment, not infinity. Thanks to Angelo Naselli!
- Do not attempt to create a menu before the icon has started on macOS.
v0.17.2 - Windows bug fixes
- Actually release loaded icons on Windows. Thanks to Bob1011941!
- Let mouse button release trigger menu and action on Windows as expected. Thanks to Ennea!
v0.17.1 - Corrected release notes
- Corrected attribution of Windows notification fix.
v0.17.0 - Various bug fixes
- Corrected signalling in GTK backend. Thanks to Simon Lindholm!
- Corrected hinding of notification message in GTK backend. Thanks to Simon Lindholm!
- Corrected notification structure on Windows. Thanks to flameiguana!
v0.16.0 - Enable notifications
- Added support for notifications. Thanks to ralphwetzel and Chr0nicT!
- Added support for forcing the backend to use.
v0.14.4 - Allow setting icon after construction
- Do not require setting icon twice when not passing the icon to the constructor.
- Clarified documentation regarding name of menu argument.
v0.14.3 - Full license coverage
- Added license preamble to all source files. Thanks to Björn Esser!
v0.14.2 - Proper license files
- Added proper license files. Thanks to Björn Esser!
v0.14.1 - Restore icon after explorer.exe crash
- Restore the icon when explorer exe restarts after a crash. Thanks to Michael Dubner!
v0.13 - Corrections for X
- Make sure to set window size hints on X. Thanks to filonenko-mikhail!
v0.12 - Simplified API
- Do not require use of setup to show icon.
- Pass reference to menu item to action handler. If action handlers do not support this argument, they will be wrapped.
- Updated documentation.
v0.10 - Changed Xlib backend library
- Changed Xlib library.
- Corrected test with incorrect parameter.
v0.8 - Platform independent API and checkable
- Added method to explicitly update menu to enable support for other platforms.
- Added support for AppIndicator backend.
- Re-added native clickability for OSX.
- Added support for check boxes.
v0.6 - Simplified API
- Removed explicit default action parameter on_activate.
- Allow terminating the application with ctrl+c on OSX.
- Added basic logging.
v0.4 - GTK+ 3 support
- Added support for GTK+ on Linux.
v0.3.5 - Corrected import errors
- Propagate import errors raised on Linux to help troubleshoot missing Xlib module. Thanks to Lance Kindle!
- Properly declare six as a dependency.
- Declare python3-xlib as dependency on Linux for Python 3.
v0.3.4 - Corrected Python 3 issues on Xorg
- Make sure that pystray can be used on Python 3 on Xorg.
- Make sure the release making script runs on Python 3.
v0.3.3 - Corrected encoding issues
- Make sure building works even when default encoding is not utf-8.
- Corrected issue with click selector on OSX.
v0.3.2 - Universal wheel
- Make sure to build a universal wheel for all python versions.
v0.3.1 - No-change packaging update
- Do not package an old version of pynput.
v0.3 - Proper Python 3 Support
- Corrected Python 3 bugs.
- Made Icon.run() mandatory on all platforms.
v0.2 - Initial Release
- Support for adding a system tray icon on Linux, Mac OSX and Windows.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pystray-0.18.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (47.7 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size pystray-0.18.0-py3.9.egg (67.5 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 0.18.0||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size pystray-0.18.0.tar.gz (39.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for pystray-0.18.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl