A Django plugin for pytest.
Welcome to pytest-django!
pytest-django allows you to test your Django project/applications with the pytest testing tool.
Full documentation: https://pytest-django.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
- Django: 2.2, 3.1, 3.2, 4.0 and latest main branch (compatible at the time of each release)
- Python: CPython>=3.5 or PyPy 3
- pytest: >=5.4
For compatibility with older versions, use the pytest-django 3.*.* series.
Project maintainers: Andreas Pelme, Floris Bruynooghe and Daniel Hahler
GitHub repository: https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest-django
pip install pytest-django
Why would I use this instead of Django’s manage.py test command?
Running your test suite with pytest-django allows you to tap into the features that are already present in pytest. Here are some advantages:
- Manage test dependencies with pytest fixtures.
- Less boilerplate tests: no need to import unittest, create a subclass with methods. Write tests as regular functions.
- Database re-use: no need to re-create the test database for every test run.
- Run tests in multiple processes for increased speed (with the pytest-xdist plugin).
- Make use of other pytest plugins.
- Works with both worlds: Existing unittest-style TestCase’s still work without any modifications.
See the pytest documentation for more information on pytest itself.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pytest_django-4.5.2-py3-none-any.whl (20.8 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size pytest-django-4.5.2.tar.gz (79.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for pytest_django-4.5.2-py3-none-any.whl