A Django plugin for pytest.
Welcome to pytest-django!
pytest-django allows you to test your Django project/applications with the pytest testing tool.
- Quick start / tutorial
- Full documentation: https://pytest-django.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
- Contribution docs
- Version compatibility:
- Django: 1.7-1.10 and latest master branch (compatible at the time of each release)
- Python: CPython 2.7,3.3-3.5 or PyPy 2,3
- pytest: >2.9.x
- Licence: BSD
- Project maintainers: Andreas Pelme, Floris Bruynooghe and Daniel Hahler
- All contributors
- Github repository: https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest-django
- Issue tracker
- Python Package Index (PyPI)
pip install pytest-django
Why would I use this instead of Django’s manage.py test command?
Running your test suite with pytest-django allows you to tap into the features that are already present in pytest. Here are some advantages:
- Manage test dependencies with pytest fixtures.
- Less boilerplate tests: no need to import unittest, create a subclass with methods. Write tests as regular functions.
- Database re-use: no need to re-create the test database for every test run.
- Run tests in multiple processes for increased speed (with the pytest-xdist plugin).
- Make use of other pytest plugins.
- Works with both worlds: Existing unittest-style TestCase’s still work without any modifications.
See the pytest documentation for more information on pytest itself.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|pytest_django-3.1.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (18.7 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||py2.py3||Wheel||Nov 24, 2016|
|pytest-django-3.1.2.tar.gz (60.2 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Nov 24, 2016|