Test Anything Protocol (TAP) tools
tappy is a set of tools for working with the Test Anything Protocol (TAP), a line based test protocol for recording test data in a standard way.
Version 2.6.2, Released October 20, 2019
- Fix bug in streaming mode that would generate tap files when the plan was already set (affected pytest).
Version 2.6.1, Released September 17, 2019
- Fix TAP version 13 support from more-itertools behavior change.
Version 2.6, Released September 16, 2019
- Add support for Python 3.7.
- Drop support for Python 3.4 (it is end-of-life).
Version 2.5, Released September 15, 2018
- Add set_plan to Tracker which allows producing the 1..N plan line before any tests.
- Switch code style to use Black formatting.
Version 2.4, Released May 29, 2018
- Add support for producing TAP version 13 output to streaming and file reports by including the TAP version 13 line.
Version 2.3, Released May 15, 2018
- Add optional method to install tappy for YAML support with pip install tap.py[yaml].
- Make tappy version 13 compliant by adding support for parsing YAML blocks.
- unittest.expectedFailure now uses a TODO directive to better align with the specification.
Version 2.2, Released January 7, 2018
- Add support for Python 3.6.
- Drop support for Python 3.3 (it is end-of-life).
- Use Pipenv for managing development.
- Switch to pytest as the development test runner.
Version 2.1, Released September 23, 2016
- Add Parser.parse_text to parse TAP provided as a string.
Version 2.0, Released July 31, 2016
- Remove nose plugin. The plugin moved to the nose-tap distribution.
- Remove pytest plugin. The plugin moved to the pytest-tap distribution.
- Remove Pygments syntax highlighting plugin. The plugin was merged upstream directly into the Pygments project and is available without tappy.
- Drop support for Python 2.6.
Version 1.9, Released March 28, 2016
- TAPTestRunner has a set_header method to enable or disable test case header ouput in the TAP stream.
- Add support for Python 3.5.
- Perform continuous integration testing on OS X.
- Drop support for Python 3.2.
Version 1.8, Released November 30, 2015
- The tappy TAP consumer can read a TAP stream directly from STDIN.
- Tracebacks are included as diagnostic output for failures and errors.
- The tappy TAP consumer has an alternative, shorter name of tap.
- The pytest plugin now defaults to no output unless provided a flag. Users dependent on the old default behavior can use --tap-files to achieve the same results.
- Translated into Arabic.
- Translated into Chinese.
- Translated into Japanese.
- Translated into Russian.
- Perform continuous integration testing on Windows with AppVeyor.
- Improve unit test coverage to 100%.
Version 1.7, Released August 19, 2015
- Provide a plugin to integrate with pytest.
- Document some viable alternatives to tappy.
- Translated into German.
- Translated into Portuguese.
Version 1.6, Released June 18, 2015
- TAPTestRunner has a set_stream method to stream all TAP output directly to an output stream instead of a file. results in a single output file.
- The nosetests plugin has an optional --tap-stream flag to stream all TAP output directly to an output stream instead of a file.
- tappy is now internationalized. It is translated into Dutch, French, Italian, and Spanish.
- tappy is available as a Python wheel package, the new Python packaging standard.
Version 1.5, Released May 18, 2015
- TAPTestRunner has a set_combined method to collect all results in a single output file.
- The nosetests plugin has an optional --tap-combined flag to collect all results in a single output file.
- TAPTestRunner has a set_format method to specify line format.
- The nosetests plugin has an optional --tap-format flag to specify line format.
Version 1.4, Released April 4, 2015
- Update setup.py to support Debian packaging. Include man page.
Version 1.3, Released January 9, 2015
- The tappy command line tool is available as a TAP consumer.
- The Parser and Loader are available as APIs for programmatic handling of TAP files and data.
Version 1.2, Released December 21, 2014
- Provide a syntax highlighter for Pygments so any project using Pygments (e.g., Sphinx) can highlight TAP output.
Version 1.1, Released October 23, 2014
- TAPTestRunner has a set_outdir method to specify where to store .tap files.
- The nosetests plugin has an optional --tap-outdir flag to specify where to store .tap files.
- tappy has backported support for Python 2.6.
- tappy has support for Python 3.2, 3.3, and 3.4.
- tappy has support for PyPy.
Version 1.0, Released March 16, 2014
- Initial release of tappy
- TAPTestRunner - A test runner for unittest modules that generates TAP files.
- Provides a plugin for integrating with nose.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size tap.py-2.6.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (66.0 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size tap.py-2.6.2.tar.gz (149.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for tap.py-2.6.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl