An accelerating proxy for tile and web map services
MapProxy is an open source proxy for geospatial data. It caches, accelerates and transforms data from existing map services and serves any desktop or web GIS client.
MapProxy is a tile cache, but also offers many new and innovative features like full support for WMS clients.
MapProxy is released under the Apache Software License 2.0, runs on Unix/Linux and Windows and is easy to install and to configure.
Go to https://mapproxy.org/ for more information.
The documentation is available at: https://mapproxy.org/docs/latest/
- Refresh while serving (#518).
- Enabled commandline option skip uncached (#515)
- Several dependencies updated
- Support for python 3.5 has been dropped because of its EOL, 3.9 has been added
- Several minor bugfixes
- Security fix to avoid potential web cache poisoning.
- Hotfix: Fixup demo service (#528).
- Support cookie management for HTTP sources.
- Security fix for local file disclosure (#526).
- Proj: Support for PROJ>=5 via pyproj.
- Services: New hide_exception_url option to hide source URLs.
- Tile sources: Support ‘@’ in URL path (e.g. /firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Various fixes for Python 3.8 compatibility.
- WMS: Always query WMS server in supported SRS.
- Fix warnings for tagged layer sources in layers.
- Demo: Fix capabilites “as HTML” when running behind a proxy
- Cache: Rescale tiles existing tiles with new upscale_tiles/downscale_tiles option.
- Cache: Finer control for reprojection sources with preferred_src_proj option.
- WMS: Add georeference to TIFF images (GeoTIFF).
- WMS: Support for compressed TIFF images (LZW/JPEG).
- WMS: Advertise MaxWidth/MaxHeight.
- WMTS: Support for FeatureInfo requests.
- WMS/ArcGIS: Add on_error handler (similar to on_error handling for tile sources).
- WMS/WMTS: Add keyword_list to capabilities.
- S3: Support for custom S3 server and ACL.
- autoconfig: Support for username/password in URL.
- Various fixes for Python 3.6 and 3.7 compatibility.
- Set explicit permissions for write_atomic on Windows.
- WMS: Respond with highest supported WMS version (1.3.0 by default).
- Test: Now uses pytest instead of nosetest for all unit and system tests.
- YAML: Always use load_safe to support PyYAML >3 without warnings.
- Paster and eventlet specific code removed.
A targeted attack could be used for information disclosure. For example: Session cookies of a third party application running on the same domain.
- Improve reprojection performance and accuracy.
- ArcGIS compact cache: Support for version 2.
- ArcGIS compact cache: Improve performance for version 1.
- ArcGIS compact cache: Add mapproxy-util defrag to reduce bundle size after tiles were removed/updated.
- ArcGIS REST source: Support opts.map and seed_only.
- Use systems CA certs by default and fix ssl_no_cert_checks for Python >=2.7.9 and >=3.4
- WMS: Improve Bounding Boxes in Capabilities.
- Mapserver: Find mapserv binary in PATH environment.
- Seed: Always show last log line (100%).
- Fix saving transparent PNGs for some versions of Pillow (workaround for Pillow bug #2633)
- SQLite: Fix possible errors on first request after start.
- Demo: Fix demo client with use_grid_names.
- serve-develop: Fix header encoding for Python 3.
- Seed: Fix –interactive for Python 3.
- Support tagged layers for sources with colons in name.
- Support # character in Basis Authentication password.
- Fix import error with shapely>=1.6
- Fix duplicate level caches when using WMTS KVP with MBtile/SQLite/CouchDB.
- Remove support for Python 2.6
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for MapProxy-1.14.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl