Circus is a program that will let you run and watch multiple processes and sockets.
Circus is a program that runs and watches processes and sockets.
Circus can be used as a library or through the command line.
For more information about the motivation for this project, see this blog post.
- The full documentation is located at : http://circus.io
- There’s a maling list for any feedback or question: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/circus-dev/
- The repository and issue tracker is at GitHub : https://github.com/mozilla-services/circus
- Join us on the IRC : Freenode, channel #mozilla-circus
0.5 - 2012-07-06
- added socket support
- added a listsocket command
- sockets have stats too !
- fixed a lot of small bugs
- removed the wid - now using pid everywhere
- faster tests
- changed the variables syntax
- use pyzmq’s ioloop in more places
- now using iowait for all select() calls
- incr/decr commands now have an nbprocess parameter
- Add a reproduce_env option to watchers
- Add a new UNEXISTING status to the processes
- Added the global httpd option to run circushttpd as a watcher
0.4 - 2012-06-12
- Added a plugin system
- Added a “singleton” option for watchers
- Fixed circus-top screen flickering
- Removed threads from circus.stats in favor of zmq periodic callbacks
- Enhanced the documentation
- Circus client now have a send_message api
- The flapping feature is now a plugin
- Every command line tool have a –version option
- Added a statsd plugin (sends the events from circus to statsd)
- The web UI now uses websockets (via socketio) to get the stats
- The web UI now uses sessions for “flash messages” in the web ui
0.3.4 - 2012-05-30
- Fixed a race condition that prevented the controller to cleanly reap finished processes.
- Now check_flapping can be controlled in the configuration. And activated/deactivated per watcher.
0.3.3 - 2012-05-29
- Fixed the regression on the uid handling
0.3.2 - 2012-05-24
- allows optional args property to add_watcher command.
- added circushttpd, circus-top and circusd-stats
- allowing Arbiter.add_watcher() to set all Watcher option
- make sure the redirectors are re-created on restarts
0.3.1 - 2012-04-18
- fix: make sure watcher’ defaults aren’t overrided
- added a StdoutStream class.
0.3 - 2012-04-18
- added the streaming feature
- now displaying coverage in the Sphinx doc
- fixed the way the processes are killed (no more SIGQUIT)
- the configuration has been factored out
- setproctitle support
0.2 - 2012-04-04
- Removed the show name. replaced by watcher.
- Added support for setting process rlimit.
- Added support for include dirs in the config file.
- Fixed a couple of leaking file descriptors.
- Fixed a core dump in the flapping
- Doc improvments
- Make sure circusd errors properly when another circusd is running on the same socket.
- get_arbiter now accepts several watchers.
- Fixed the cmd vs args vs executable in the process init.
- Fixed –start on circusctl add
0.1 - 2012-03-20
- initial release